Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SBG- slow motion metal detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • algan
    replied
    Hi, Sasho, have you done a test in the ground and how deep will it detect? Any examples with coins? Thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • GeoMax
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Here's what Sasho's slow motion prototype pcb looks like, it's a pcb I'll never make public, Sasho himself is entitled to one or two.
    It is currently in the process of verification and testing.
    The rest of the forum can now thank you warmly because they will never get a layout of this pcb!
    Because of your "most".
    What are we going to do now?
    Go back to the mouse hole you crawled out of boy!



    ​Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	178.3 KB ID:	448445​
    Hello ivconic,

    At first glance, the PCB makes a good impression. On closer inspection, however, I—as a customer—would not be at all satisfied with it. Why? Just take a look at the component layout. The silkscreen looks terrible. The component designators are oriented sometimes to the right, sometimes to the left, and sometimes upside down. There is absolutely no system to it. Furthermore, test points are missing from key component groups. Additionally, the silkscreen is positioned too close to the pads. Regarding the ICs, there is no consistent orientation either, which complicates the component placement (Pick & Place) process. In several areas (U3, U4, U5), soldering in sockets would be difficult. However, I think the PCB will be good enough for testing purposes. Besides, one shouldn't complain when receiving something for free.​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    In the meantime, I will prepare the "placement" file.
    I am the main culprit for the inconsistencies in the numbering of the components... so it is my "punishment" to prepare that file for you.
    Give me a day or two...

    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Ok, testing (to the best of my "senile" power) is complete and I found no errors.
    With the permission of my colleague from China (who is present on the forum but is too modest to expose himself),
    here I am sharing the gerber files for making a pcb.
    Of course, more of us together are much stronger, so you will contribute to the whole idea if you find a mistake.
    I hope Sasho doesn't mind this?
    This is his intellectual product and the pcb is the work of a colleague from China.
    I'm just a "courier" delivering it.
    ​

    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Of course... just kidding!
    Not everything should be taken so seriously!
    When the pcb is tested and passes all verifications, if Sasho allows; i will post all the files...

    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Here's what Sasho's slow motion prototype pcb looks like, it's a pcb I'll never make public, Sasho himself is entitled to one or two.
    It is currently in the process of verification and testing.
    The rest of the forum can now thank you warmly because they will never get a layout of this pcb!
    Because of your "most".
    What are we going to do now?
    Go back to the mouse hole you crawled out of boy!



    ​Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	178.3 KB ID:	448445​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    If you mean my own pcb drawings... yes, some are drawn too fast and made lot of mistakes. But "most" is overstatement.
    Sometimes it does not work because there is not enough knowledge to make it work?
    I make my living from this. Would I make a survival if "most" is my trademark?
    Since 2004. my main occupation is electronics projecting (not to much related to metal detectors though).
    I don't complain.
    C'mon! My previous post and "Barracuda" joke offended you, right?


    Leave a comment:


  • pechkata
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    ...
    The post office between Bulgaria and Serbia functions flawlessly. The PCB in the envelope is no problem to send.


    Most of your boards don't work.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • pechkata
    replied
    Originally posted by scs-bg View Post
    "The great Bulgarian inventors" are characterized by measuring whose organs are larger. I don't want to deal with that. Even in the air, this thing has no depth.​
    I wanted to brag that I use your scheme.
    It works one to one air to ground.

    Leave a comment:


  • pechkata
    replied
    Originally posted by GeoMax View Post
    Hello Pechkata,

    Is the detector board in the video you posted based on the Whites AF108 mine detector?​ Or what circuit is the base?

    Hello GeoMax
    Yes broadcasting from AF108 - analog small board.
    The big board is this circuit.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tone_discr__schematic_s_.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	722.1 KB
ID:	448425

    Leave a comment:


  • scs-bg
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20260314_132002.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	635.6 KB
ID:	448421 A coil is easy to make. See how I make mine. Bandage, a wooden profile and epoxy resin. You apply the resin with a brush. It turns out very light and strong. In the picture you see a coil for PI. But I don't want to do anything anymore...

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    I won't try that.
    I'll wind the coil this time.
    Now I feel like killing myself!
    A few months ago I sold a brand new Cscope that had the ideal coil for this detector!

    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • scs-bg
    replied

    It's about C3 in the generator circuit​

    Leave a comment:


  • scs-bg
    replied
    I tried a coplanar coil with a diameter of 250 mm and 60 turns in the transmitter. The capacitor C1 had to be increased to 1 microfarad. It works very well. If you want to use Fischer coils, you need to replace the generator with the one from "Whites Classic 3". In my scheme, the generator is with series resonance. Fischer works with parallel resonance and the coils have a small inductance. They also have a parallel connected capacitor. It will make problem.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X