Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lobo improved

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • aft_72005
    replied
    Hi maxbiri
    Please

    What’s cad soft name that you designed lobo PCB?
    Best regards.

    Leave a comment:


  • maxbiri
    replied
    Attention!

    I'm testing lobo's power supply stage and found a error, i will solve the problem and post a correct schematic and pcb asap.

    Byr Max

    Leave a comment:


  • maxbiri
    replied
    Hi all

    All pdf are scale 1/1 300 dpi eccept schematic of course.

    Bye Max

    Leave a comment:


  • guest
    Guest replied
    lobo improoved

    Maxbiri .
    What software forPCB design you are useing ? How come pdf folder so small ?? Waiting to see your-final works lobo!!!bye

    Leave a comment:


  • maxbiri
    replied
    Here is a photo of milling pcb.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • maxbiri
    replied
    I started split lobo schematic.
    Here you find schematic and pcb for the first part:supply stage, tx stage, audio and battery check stage.
    I do same other little improvement in supply stage for that i hope will be a better simmetrical power stage.

    Bye Max
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • aft_72005
    replied
    No, i havent built and tested, as i said i 'm not happy whit it
    Any way you’re working very well.

    i would likel split design into 2 pcb


    Also I am interest and waiting to see your split design.
    What’s cad soft name that you designed lobo PCB?
    Best regards.



    Leave a comment:


  • maxbiri
    replied
    Hi AFT

    No, i havent built and tested, as i said i 'm not happy whit it and i would likel split design into 2 pcb , i need find time for these new project!

    Bye Max

    Leave a comment:


  • aft_72005
    replied
    Finally here is a pcb design for lobo rev1.
    Hi maxbiri
    You are working very good and fast . are you build and test your lobo PCB?
    Best Regards.

    Leave a comment:


  • sirkut
    replied
    I may have to give this pcb a try. Thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • maxbiri
    replied
    Finally here is a pcb design for lobo rev1.
    Not happy with this layout, too much bridge in terrible position and a very crowded pcb but this is the best i can do on single side.
    I'm thinking about split circuit in 2 pcb, one with only tx stage, power section and audio stage and second pcb with only rx and filters stage.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • maxbiri
    replied
    I Max

    I'm agree with you about standard lobo's coil, so may be that the test is a little falsed.
    More or less all tesoro schematic are similar but i think that lobo is a little different.
    Tx stage is forced by 555 and not a pure LC oscillator as in silver, eldorado ecc ecc.
    The tx stage is equal at diablo or similar at fisher 1280-1266 ecc ecc.
    tx F is 20 khz and not around 10 khz as other tesoro's device.
    Filter stage look as all other tesoro design with little difference.
    I like thery much eldorado and it's discrinating power and power line immunity.
    From lobo i aspect same power as eldorado but a better sensibilty to small target.
    On eldorado i have about 30 cm for 1 euro coin in air and disc mode.

    Bye Maxbiri

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by strujas View Post
    Hey guys look at this, Lobo is high rated!
    Hi,
    you must consider that Lobo have standard coil 10'' DD... so the gain in depth is partially due to coil employed respect to e.g. eldorado.

    Sure is a good one by tesoro... but coil is important too in such considerations.

    I mean they are all similar about e.g. TX stage, power... and components employed so the depth is about the same for same coil type and dimensions... I think TGS has exactly same power of Lobo, but cause Tesoro sold it for other purposes (nugget hunting mainly) it was discredited as low depth capable... though there isn't really... just you need proper coil for it.

    Just my 5cents

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • strujas
    replied
    Hey guys look at this, Lobo is high rated!
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    LS404 substitution

    Originally posted by maxbiri View Post
    Yes LS are obsolete an difficult to find i plan use TL072 oe lf 353 but any hint about other ic are wellcome!
    MC33178 dual, and MC33179 quad are very similar to the LS402 and LS404.
    These have much lower noise than TL07x, and consume about 1/2 less power. MC3317x (and LS40x) also can swing their outputs closer to the supply rails, compared to TL07x.

    I intend to use MC33178 for the two receive amplifiers, and maybe use MC33172 for the discriminate control phase shifter and the sensitivity control buffer. MC33172 is a relatively noisy amp, but it uses much less power than the MC33178. I think it will be OK because low noise is not so critical in those two circuits. MC33172 also has (almost) rail-to rail output, and sufficient speed.

    Good luck with your PCB. I have one in the works - planning to convert my Silver Sabre II into a LOBO. The power supply circuit is being reworked because my SSII cabinet only holds two 9V batteries. I will have a seperate power board mounted over the signal board and probably use a LT1615 low power switching regulator. The switching regulator is giving me headaches, (trying to get the most power-efficient configuration) but I think it will be worthwhile. My battery low circuit will be an LED flasher instead of audio.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X