Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lobo improved

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • maxbiri
    replied
    I found a new error in disc stage, this time it's a my error!
    I will correct it and than post what i presume will be the definitive schematic.
    At moment device is not too performing, but i need again well test for tx- rx phase.
    The strange thing is that i have a double ritarded ring with non ferrous target and a single well centered ring with ferrous target, this happen in all metal and disc mode.
    I presume this is a phase problem.

    Bye Max

    Leave a comment:


  • aft_72005
    replied
    and now it's working


    Hi Maxbiri
    Very good ,please more inform us .
    Best regards.

    Leave a comment:


  • maxbiri
    replied
    Yes, the problem was the incorrect connession of e10 k and 1n4148, i wired them as 1 and now it's working, i dont use the 3.6 M resistor in parallel at 1n4148.
    Now i have problem with oscope, after 1-2 minutes it go on strike!
    I need fix problem on oscope or find a new oscope!


    Bye Max

    Leave a comment:


  • aft_72005
    replied
    Hi Maxbiri
    Please see attached pictures .my opinion schematic 1 correct. Try
    It.
    Best regards.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • maxbiri
    replied
    I aft72005

    Sorry now i havent photos of signal, after i will try with a digital camera, never tryed before take a picture from oscope tube.
    It seem that W.L. schematic of year 1990 have sames errors around last 393 comparator .
    I need more time for investigate but if is what i suspect it will be a big problem because i designed a very compact ss pcb and i need change a lot of tracks!

    Bye Max

    Leave a comment:


  • aft_72005
    replied
    Hi Maxbiri
    It is good news, that your homemade lobo running .congratulate.
    Can you upload waveforms pictures?
    Best regards.

    Leave a comment:


  • maxbiri
    replied
    Hi all

    Finally copper wire arrived! it's 0.22 mm.
    I started same fast test and seem i have same problem around disc channel.
    All metal seem working in good way.
    In disc and gb channel i can follow signals with oscope on second lm358 and they are good but i lost them around 308 and 393, it seem i have same problem in this part of schematic.
    I hope solving problem in the next days.
    Bye Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Eugene52
    replied
    lobo improoved

    Yes Maxbiri , LS204 is the correct opamp to use . W. Lahr did excellent reverse engineering work , Always !!!! He was very correct and accurate . Use his LOBO schematic on your first prototype , then test your new Lobo circuit. And if it works great , make a case for the circuit board , and seal the search coil and put it away !!! And then if you want to improove or modify the lobo circuit design , build a second lobo circuit board for experimenting !!!! And your first Lobo will always be working for test points , and a reference for comparison ..........Regards.........Eugene
    Last edited by Eugene52; 10-04-2008, 12:26 AM. Reason: spelling

    Leave a comment:


  • maxbiri
    replied
    I' m thinking change lm 358 with ls204 in first filter's stage.
    What do you think about?

    Bye Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Eugene52
    replied
    lobo improoved

    Maxbiri , when this project finally gets going , it will become one of the top projects to build on this forum . Here are the Top Projects to build from Geotech , and each are almost ready for that final schematic posting !! And also the "Engineering Members" who highly contributed :

    1. Tesoro Golden Sabre Light from "Ivconic"
    2. Tesoro Lobo "1989 VLF version"
    3. Minelab Relic Hawk from "Max & Fred"
    4. Hammerhead P.I. latest version from "KingJL"
    5. Delta Pulse P.I. latest version from "KT315"

    Regards.............Eugene

    Leave a comment:


  • maxbiri
    replied
    Hi Eugene

    I started from second schematic but i do same changes.
    Project at moment is stopped, I'm very busy and i have no time for hobby.
    I'm waiting copper wire for coils.

    Bye Max

    Leave a comment:


  • Eugene52
    replied
    lobo improoved

    Maxbiri , how is your progress on this project ??? Which schematic are you using ??? Thanks.................Eugene
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • maxbiri
    replied
    Hi Max

    No i havent still built coil, i need copper wire and need found my old template for ellitical coil's shell for cheking exat dimension.
    It look nice but usually when a board look too nice dont work !
    When a board look terrible usually work in a beatifull way!
    I hope this time theory will be not confirmed!
    All component are recicled, only LS204 are new.
    I need even change ceramic NP0 with polistirene type, very difficult find value < 500 pf.

    Bye Maxbiri

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by maxbiri View Post
    Hi all

    This is the new version for Newlobo, the board is populated about 95%.
    After testing the tx + power supply i preferred design a single board and not a splitted board.
    After test if all is ok i will post pcb design.

    Bye Maxbiri
    Hi,
    seems good work.

    Have you made the coil ?

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • maxbiri
    replied
    Hi all

    This is the new version for Newlobo, the board is populated about 95%.
    After testing the tx + power supply i preferred design a single board and not a splitted board.
    After test if all is ok i will post pcb design.

    Bye Maxbiri
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X