Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barracuda.....update(2)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Geo
    replied
    Hi.
    The schematic is very closed to Whites Surfmaster.
    Whites use a 4066 for sample switch (from +v to -v) and a 4093(from +V..(+5V) to (-V)...-5V) to generate the samples. In general words very closed schematics.
    When i will try it i"ll see on the scope.
    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Altra
    replied
    Problem with Hex Trigger

    Leto,

    The schematic has a mistake Pin 14 "VDD" goes to ground or battery minus.
    The CD40106 operates between the -5v rail and Vref (B-). The rest of the drawing looks OK.

    Mark

    Leave a comment:


  • 1843
    replied
    Hi Geo,

    Simply add the high pass filter and two diodes after the HH preamp... Also change the HH integrator TC... It becomes a Barracuda!

    Regards!

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Hi all.
    When i will finish with TGS i will give the Barracuda a try to make it ready to work
    Does anyone have constructed it successfully??
    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Leto
    replied
    another report

    MONTEI O BARRACUDA E ACONTECEU A MESMA COISA.
    translated by Google:
    I MOUNTED THE BARRACUDA AND HAPPENED THE SAME THING.

    Leave a comment:


  • Roberto
    replied
    Isso aconteceu comigo...

    Originally posted by Leto View Post
    I tried the circuit with original transistors ->
    NOTHING
    No signal increase at preamp...
    Nothing from the speakers...
    For sure I will not debug this circuit without dual channel scope to see the timings - I'm sure there is a problem with Hex Schmitt Trigger.

    ALSO
    There is no report on this whole forum that this circuit was made by someone before and that it worked according to posted shematic.? Hiding failures? We should make a thread with >>FAKE OR NOT FAKE?<< topic.

    MONTEI O BARRACUDA E ACONTECEU A MESMA COISA.


    Roberto- Brazil. Português

    Leave a comment:


  • Leto
    replied
    Barracuda shematic FAKE? ... or just bad karma?

    I tried the circuit with original transistors ->
    NOTHING
    No signal increase at preamp...
    Nothing from the speakers...
    For sure I will not debug this circuit without dual channel scope to see the timings - I'm sure there is a problem with Hex Schmitt Trigger.

    ALSO
    There is no report on this whole forum that this circuit was made by someone before and that it worked according to posted shematic.? Hiding failures? We should make a thread with >>FAKE OR NOT FAKE?<< topic.

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by mbiondo View Post
    Hello Geo,

    You suggest first, to read the voltage at Pin2 of U4a with metal near the coil. Then, "Make the same with pin 3". Are you saying that we should try to make Pin2 & Pin3 have the same voltage?
    No, i mean to measure the voltage at pin3 and if you place an object near the coil you will see the voltage to vary.

    Do we use R27 & R29 to get the same voltage on Pin2 & Pin3?
    No, it is sample delay. Set them at a midle position (for this time).

    Next step you say: "Make the same with Pin1". Are you saying that if we get the voltage the same on Pin2 and Pin3, that Pin1 should have the same voltage, or is there some adjustment we must make to get Pin1 the same as Pin2 & Pin3?
    Pin2 and Pin3 must have about the same voltage. Pin1 must have big variation when place an object near the coil.
    Wishes

    Leave a comment:


  • Leto
    replied
    Barracuda disaster..

    Thanks Geo in your interest..
    Firstly I should say that oscillator works like everything is perfect.. If I connect 350mH coil (1ohm) circuit draws 0.240A and mosfet becoms little hot. When 550mH (3ohm) is connected circuit draws 0.145A.
    On pin6 of NE5534 can't get any change (maybe -5mv) -> I guess something is wrong with timings but do not know what.
    I tryed with 4584 - no difference.
    I wired C9 as in shematic and as in PCB layout - no difference.

    With R38 I can trim LF412 pin6 from -0.002V to 0.035V.
    Also do not trust BF256c transistors to be right replacement for 2n5485.
    Will order original transistors this week but will wait one more week for delivery.
    Hammer is waiting..

    Leave a comment:


  • mbiondo
    replied
    Baracuda problems

    Hello Geo,

    I have been following this thread with great interest...thanks for your instructions - they are a big help in understanding the circuit. I do have a couple questions about your post on 1/11/07 below.

    You suggest first, to read the voltage at Pin2 of U4a with metal near the coil. Then, "Make the same with pin 3". Are you saying that we should try to make Pin2 & Pin3 have the same voltage? Do we use R27 & R29 to get the same voltage on Pin2 & Pin3?

    Next step you say: "Make the same with Pin1". Are you saying that if we get the voltage the same on Pin2 and Pin3, that Pin1 should have the same voltage, or is there some adjustment we must make to get Pin1 the same as Pin2 & Pin3?

    Thank you Geo, sorry I am having hard time understanding.

    Originally posted by Geo View Post
    Hi Leto.
    2. Put the voltmeter at pin 2 of U4a. Now if you put an object near to coil you must see the reading of voltmeter to differ a little. Make the same with pin 3. Make the same with pin1. Now if you put an object near to coil you must see the reading of voltmeter to differ very much.
    Because i suppose that the problem is between two first stages i stop here. Try it. We wait your news
    Wishes

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Leto what about Barracuda problems :confused: :confused: ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Hi Leto.The frequency of U1 must not vary with R27 and R29. You must have the same freq at pin4, pin10 and pin12. R27 and R29 varies only the delay of the sample not the frequency. Look around the U1 for the problem
    Wishes

    Leave a comment:


  • Leto
    replied
    Burnt IC No. 2

    Thanx Geo..
    As I could not trim output of NE5534 I replaced it with new one.
    Now I can trim voltage well to 0.5V.
    Also frequency of coil now (after 79L05 replacement) is 673Hz
    Frequency of pin10(U1) is 335Hz
    Frequency of pin12(U1) is trimable with R27/R29 from 340Hz to 1kHz+ here the freq is bit unstable.
    What should be appropiate frequency for the sample delay?
    I try them all but still no detection at pin6 of NE5534.:confused:
    Can not find any problems around this IC :confused: but maybe there is another damaged part there. I'm really not sure.

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Hi Leto.
    1. First put R27 and R29 at a middle position. Then with the coil connecting and far from metallic objects regulate R28. Now how to regulate R28?? Connect a voltmeter (multimeter) at the output of NE5534 and regulate R28 so the voltmeter to read a voltage between 0.1....1V (0.5V is better). Now if you put an object near to coil you must see the reading of voltmeter to differ. If is ok go to next step. If not look around the NE5534.
    2. Put the voltmeter at pin 2 of U4a. Now if you put an object near to coil you must see the reading of voltmeter to differ a little. Make the same with pin 3. Make the same with pin1. Now if you put an object near to coil you must see the reading of voltmeter to differ very much.
    Because i suppose that the problem is between two first stages i stop here. Try it. We wait your news
    Wishes

    Leave a comment:


  • Leto
    replied
    79L05

    Thank you boattow for your time..
    I folowed your advice and guess what - bad 79L05, I replaced it and voltages now are +5/-5.
    But detector is still not working.
    I compared datasheets for original transistors and used BFs. There are some big differences - will order original 2N transistors (fet's) and try it...

    ..or maybe the hammer will finish the job.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X