Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falcon MD20

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jmoller99
    replied
    This is what the inside looks like. It works well going thru concentrates to see if anything of value might be there or not. Good for poking around tailings dumps as well. Useless for much of anything else.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • bklein
    replied
    I just got a demo on one of these this weekend. It has this copper metal ring to I guess tweak the response; so that approaching gold gives a signal and withdrawing from ferrous materials gives one as well.

    If this works so well for a pinpointer type thing why not in a traditional detector design?
    Is said to be 300Khz. So said are stud detectors. Maybe this originally was one...
    I'd like to read more about the theory behind this type design.

    Leave a comment:


  • mikebg
    replied
    Originally posted by mario View Post
    vlf tech.
    Mario, the operating frequency is 300kc/s. This is not in VLF band. In the VLF band are frequencies between 3k and 30k where GND signal can be balanced with synchronous demodulation. I think the name "AUTO GND BAL" means that button regulates the speed of SAT (Self Adjusting Threshold).
    WA2EVR, is that true?

    Leave a comment:


  • mario
    replied
    vlf tech.

    Leave a comment:


  • mikebg
    replied
    Originally posted by Seden View Post
    I have one and they are only good for checking rocks for gold NOT placer gold deposits. At 300 KC's it is super sensitive to the black sand in the dirt or other minerals where scanning a rock it finds the flake gold effortlessly.
    Randy
    Randy, I searched WEB for Falcon operators manual, but can not find it. The MD20 has a control "AUTO GND BAL". Can you explain how it is used?

    Leave a comment:


  • Seden
    replied
    Falcon MD20

    I have one and they are only good for checking rocks for gold NOT placer gold deposits. At 300 KC's it is super sensitive to the black sand in the dirt or other minerals where scanning a rock it finds the flake gold effortlessly.


    Randy

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    handheld detector? see it on sale.



    Leave a comment:


  • mikebg
    replied
    Operating frequency 300kHz
    Powered by 2 bat x 9V
    It can detect an extremely small speck of gold at about ΒΌ of an inch from the probe.

    Leave a comment:


  • chemelec
    started a topic Falcon MD20

    Falcon MD20

    Anyone have any info or schematics for a "Falcon MD20"?

    I'm told it can detect "flakes" of gold at 2 to 3 inches?

    Just Curious.
Working...
X