Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falcon MD20

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tim
    replied
    This IMG and Lay6 is the best version I have. Schem is NOT MD20 but MD8 (pre-555).
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • homefire
    replied
    There was no 555 in the original. D-Falcon[1].pdf

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    i need. share anybody 555 original board version with high resolution, under light.
    also checked PART LIST.
    please rule http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...here-share-out
    please DELETE a flux from back side by alcohol before to do the pics.

    tia

    Leave a comment:


  • karim1980
    replied
    I will made the original version with 555
    I need pcb layout For this version please Click image for larger version

Name:	793337466_P1040419_122_239lo.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	463.4 KB
ID:	349731

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    there is video posted in this thread which shows varying pitch vco when detecting metals, with proximity of gold, pitch is very high. the circuit board in the video does not use 4093, so i'm not sure. I'll have to re read entire thread to be sure how circuit evolved. will have more to say tomorrow.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tim
    replied
    Upon further scrutiny, there are many discrepancies between the 4093 version and original schematic. 2n3906 base goes to gnd via 33uf & GB trimmer on original, but bc557 to + via 680k & 220uf on this version. There are 2x 500k pots & 10k/100k trimmers on this version, but original shows 20k GB pot, 10k sens pot & other 10k, then 2M, 1M, 100k & 10k(sens) trimmers. There are 4x2n2222s & MPSA13 on original, but 7x2n2222,bc327(mpsa13[?]) & bc557(2n3904[?]). However it seems the 557/327 & 2x2n2222's are related to the vco, and 2n3904 has been replaced by 2n2222. (???!!!)
    I would suggest start with original MD20 schem then replace 555(and surrounding components) with 4093/vco if desired. However I can see no advantage in vco on this on/off detection system. There is no active or audible threshold to warrant it. It simply sounds on approach to non-ferrous, and on retreat from ferrous. It is an invaluable tool for detecting pin-prick specks of gold in pannings or rocks.

    Leave a comment:


  • karim1980
    replied
    thank you dbanner
    coil= 140uh 2 ohm 60t ferrite =1cm/5cm wire=0.20mm

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    How did you wind your coil? This could be problem.

    Leave a comment:


  • karim1980
    replied
    i placed a resestor 1moh in this place (?) but i dont get the sound . when i touch the pcb from behind i hear the sound
    and i have made MD20 with 555 but is the same problem no sound

    Leave a comment:


  • Tim
    replied
    Yes it is dom44 version 4093 is VCO (post #153 here). Sorry db/karim. My bought MD20 with 555 works just fine. Your query-below LED seems to be an end-standing resistor( see schem for value). Nothing connected at point above 2n2222 (?)

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Read through thread from start. You will find answers to all your questions.

    Leave a comment:


  • karim1980
    replied
    Thank tim
    Maybe there 's an error in this pcb

    Leave a comment:


  • Tim
    replied
    Sorry my MD20 schem/lay has a 555 ic not 4093. I have not come across this before. Perhaps it is something else??

    Leave a comment:


  • karim1980
    replied
    Please help. What is in these places


    Click image for larger version

Name:	falcon md20.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	349680

    Leave a comment:


  • jtz54
    replied
    All good stuff here! Can anyone summarize the circuit operation by section/component? I know it's a pretty easy circuit but I'm just getting back into it. I'm sure the other members would like to see a circuit description more detailed than a Colpitts oscillator.
    Thanks!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X