Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem export .sl2 to .csv Sonar Log Viewer

Hi

I'm trying to export Data on a .sl2 file to the .csv format using Sonar Log Viewer from Lowrance. The data was collected using Lowrance HDS7 Gen2 touch. Previously, exporting the data worked fine using the "output chart information" function in Sonar Log Viewer. Now I have ten .sl2 files that don't export properly. The .csv file is created but contains only about 60 lines with data. The data displays properly in Sonar Log Viewer, all the data is there. It is therefore a problem with the export function. I guess it has something to do with changed settings on the HDS device.

I can't find any other software wich is capable of converting .sl2 to .csv. I only need to get all the depth data and coordinates out of the .sl2 files.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

probably do it in excell

Put a file on and Ill have a go

S

Comment

Hi S

I'm not sure what you mean but I put a file for download here:

http://we.tl/jDcuDMAx3l

Thanks for the help
      ap

Comment

link dead..

In excell. from open spreadsheet,
        File - Open (nav to file)

Import wizard appears..
        from wizard
        select Delimited
        next
        check Comma
        next
        Finish

not certain this is right you will soon know, S

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

We were able to solve the problem using Dr. Depth 4.6.5. We just imported the files and exported to .csv. It worked just fine.

The guy from Lowrance support told us that the export function in SonarLogViewer doesn't work with the new Lowrance devices and .sl2 files. Apparently, this function will be discontinued and the known issues will not be fixed.

ap

Comment

Working...
          X