Thermal Paper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermal Paper

Hi, Does anyone have spare rolls of thermal paper for sale. The size required is 12.4" or 315mm x 100m to be used with an Ultra 3500 TLR. I'm down to my last few rolls and could do with more to use during the summer.
    Thanks.
    Yardstick.

there is a guy on ebay.uk sells the standard rolls, he does it cut to size too, bought some sinclair zx printer paper (the same as gameboy printer paper) off of him, its not commercially available any more but he cuts fax rolls down,its better than the original silver paper as its white and actually makes better prints.
    anyway thats your best bet, failing that some older fax machines take, 315,320 and 350mm rolls, if its too wide chop the end off to size on a bandsaw or with a fine tooth jigsaw, i do this now i can get 3 rolls of zx printer paper out of a standard fax roll that costs £6.00 from staples.
    so it works out at £2.00 a roll the last time some proper silver old stock was on ebay they wanted £9.00 a roll!.
    there are ways round everything.

Comment

Thanks for the information Sinclairuser, I'll certainly look in to that method if I can't locate any paper in the near future. I did contact Codaoctopus with regard to getting the paper from them but they were out of stock and their supplier had a minimum order of 250 rolls, being a hobby user of side scan that's enough to last several lifetimes!
      After contacting many companies with little success I came across a company called Mr Paper in Bournemouth who were very helpful. Rick who I assume is the owner really went the extra mile to try and find the paper and will be supplying a quote in due course.

Comment

Working...
      X