Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just checking

[img]../images/CAT N MOUSE.gif[/img]

For one people,I do have transducers,Klein I might add and a sidescan unit also for sale but judging from the kind of questions you ask you would never pay what they are worth so I thought it would be entertaining to all readers of this group to see what kind of response I got, and I got exactly what I expected. I had my EG&G Sidescan on the net for about a year and must have answered a hundred e-mails and phone calls but do you know who bought it?Gerald Buchanen by word of mouth. Not the internet.I now know the internet way of advertising is just a waste of time.Just a bunch of lazy geeks,that probably wear fanny paks and ride their bicycles wearing the very latest in bikey helmets,and lets not forget drive SUV'S with no trailer hitch.HA HA (: (.)(.)

You see, if someone said they had sidescan transducers for sale, especially when the serials are given, I would just say "where do you want the check sent to?" but you people are very ignorant of the real tech involved.

You talk about fancy software that you can write, Jan advertizes that he or she wants to buy sidescan transducers on various news groups but of course he or she knows that they are the truest form of a "stroke".

Why do people place these kind of ads? They must be dreamers or somthing.

And finally, it sure would help if all of you really understood sidescan imaging.

Of course transducers for 200 a piece is a good deal.

It's the equivalent to finding your average middle class home for 3000 dollars.Well close anyway.

It's a downright NO BRAINER!As for the transeiver, Mr Sture will sell his for $20,000.00 or so U.S. funds.

And as for Charles, you say you dont know what made me upset? Well I'll tell ya Charlie.First of all Just who are you to even attempt to judge a person by the way they type the words in a newsgroup.If you are one of those people that would rather pick apart the format of a message but miss the message completly you should just shut up.

TYou might just want to check with Mr Stureh and Mr Buchanen on just whose sidescan that was in the pics before you jump on me sir.You are obviously are a bone head.I really had a great time suckering all of you.Do you want pics of some sidescan transducers cut open? Then buy one and destroy it yourself fool.

Well thats all for now

I wont be back, ever.

Boom

[img]../images/BOMBER.GIF[/img]

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....................................

Comment

Boom

[img]../images/BOMBER1.GIF[/img]

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....................................

Comment

Re: just checking

Well Greg,

As I am quite sure you will have a look at this forum again, and rant some more, I will put an answer here.

Who knows if miracles are still possible.

The reason why I never reacted on your post about sidescan transducers is that I have absolutely no trust in what you claim to be and what you claim to have.

I have seen many of your posts on this and other forums.

I have also seen several posts with other names that have your fingerprint, ie written by you under another name.

Also the texts in your posts suggest a very unstable mind.

As you could read in several replies on your posts, writing with capital letters is the same as shouting at people.

However, you seem not to notice that.

So, in short, do you realy expect me to buy hundreds of dollars worth of equipment from somebody who

a) Shouts at me

b) Is most of the time rude at potentional customers

c) Often shows mood swings that would not misstand a.. lets say.. person with some severe mental distress.

d) Uses several names to identify themselfs.

e) Slips into different personalities.

Eventhoug you might make a nice studycase for some of our finer doctors, I was not planning in investing a single dollar in any fo your transducers, or what you think are transducers.

Jan.

P.s. As I thought there might be some confusion over the name Jan (Female in USA and male in most of Europe.)

I am a 43 year old, Dutch and.... male.

Comment

I couldn't have said it better Jan. Excellent response. I really have enjoyed this forum concerning side scan sonars. Greg's posts detract from the primary subject here. I hope we can get back to sonars and I hope Sture will continue to contribute his knowledge. He has a few years jump on experimentation on the rest of us and I want you to know I for one am very appreciative of your willingness to help us out.

Thanks,

Charles

Comment

Charles,

Thanks for the support.

To be quite honest I am also afraid Sture will not like to be help us out when people like Greg are ranting on.

I believe that without Stures help and knowledge we will have a real tough time getting the sonar build.

I have no money to pay for such an instrument at once but can pay for it in batches of a few hundred $ at the time.

So building it myself is the only option I have.

When people like Sture are "scared" away then I am a bit angry (to use an understatement)

Last weekend I spend a whole day + 60 liter of fuel looking for a wreck I have dived on before but could not find it back again within the timeframe I could have dived on it (current wise)

A sidescan would have put me on the wreck withing 10 minutes.

So, that is the reason for my somewhat agressive response (still mean every word of it, though)

Regards, jan

Comment

Working...
            X