submarines and sonar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• submarines and sonar

Im developing a submarine and want some advice on best sonar for forward viewing of obstacles. Sub is designed for only 30metres of depth.

Re: submarines and sonar

Interphase has a couple of forward looking depthfinder/donar units. Such as the Probe. I am not very pleased with the company since they will not respond to emails.

Comment

Imaging Sonar Systems

Please check our new Imaging Sonar System

http://www.oceantools.ltd.uk/pdf/sonar.pdf

Regards

Alan Craig - [email protected]

Comment

Marco,

Give Wesmar a call at 800-772-7620 and ask for Carey J. or email [email protected]. He is knowledgeable about prior systems we have done for naval subs around the world.

Best regards,

Derek A.

Comment

I have a Wesmar SS110 sidescanning sonar. It uses a "radar screen" to display the echo returns (CTR tube) with accompanied audio (sound chip) on signals. Controls allow the user to select the angle from straight down to +2 degrees above horizontal, the center of the sweep from straight forward to ~100 degrees on either side and also the width of the sweep from 0 (constant position) to ~300 degrees. This unit will scan from slightly aft of port to slightly aft of starboard and continue this sweep showing the echo returns on the screen. This paints a picture of the botton forward and on both sides out to a distance of 1000' or you can narrow the sweep to any width and select the center of the sweep in any direction. Let me know if you are interested.

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
          X