Side Scan Sonar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side Scan Sonar

I am looking at purchasing a SSS to do some wreck hunting in the Great Lakes. I'm looking for something that will work in 200ft or less. I only have a 24' boat so it would have to be compact as well as cost effective. I do see some pretty good used systems for sale and would be very interested in purchasing one. Please pass on any useful info.
    Thanks

Re: Side Scan Sonar

Hi,
    I'm currently working on a single channel high resolution side scan imaging sonar to sell in the near future and have a working prototype. It is based around a modified mass produced commercial recording echosounder and therefore I can keep the price way down. This has a built in black and white weatherproof display of around 480 X 320 but is capable of much higher resolution when the files are played back on your computer. This display is very good in sunlight, much better than trying to see an image with a system based on a laptop in bright light. (Files can also be colorized etc). 200KHZ operating frequency. Includes GPS for boat position which is also recorded. I anticipate selling these for around $3,500.00.
    If you or others wish to see actual images from the prototype please email me at [email protected]. Be sure to type the word SONAR in your message line as I get way to much junk mail and do not wish to wade through it. With the final mods I expect the images will rival systems costing many 10's of thousands of dollars.

Comment

I have several Side Scan Sonar Systems Available.

I will put togetehr some prices for you

Comment

Hello,

I'm a hydrographer in Massachusetts and I'm always interested in used SSS gear of all brands but with a special interest in Edgetech (EG&G). Please let me know what type of gear you have available and some quotes.

Thanks,

Chris Wright

Comment

Craig,
          I spoke with a guy named Derek Austin at Wesmar who said they are coming out with a Side scan system that can run off a 12volt battery and uses software for a laptop instead of a dedicated console. Unfortunately there is no paper recorder though, which i am interested in. Also, it is only at 300kHz, but he was friendly so check them out. They do not have it on their website so its best to just email or call them. Hope that helps

Comment

did they give you a price on this new unit ?

Comment

if you did not yet find a solution: check www.marinesonic.com they have only new ones - but good ones. portable and splash proof with several types of tow fish from 300 khz to 1200 khz.

Comment

side scan sonars

Originally posted by Alan Craig
                I have several Side Scan Sonar Systems Available.

I will put togetehr some prices for you
                Have you still got these units? Could you give their prices and specifications?
                Thanks,
                [email protected]

Comment

Please check my SSS

Hello, I am selling a SSS, I included the PDF on my thread
                  http://www.thunting.com/geotech/for...ad.php4?t=11120

Please check it out and contact me about it
                  [email protected]

Comment

Try these guys: http://www.interphase-tech.com/

Comment

Wesmar 700 SHD Sidescan

I don't know if you are interested but I have a complete Wesmar 700 SHD Sidescan Sonar system. I purchased it new from the factory, and it was never used. It is ready to use, and was checked out last year (2005) to make sure it worked.
                      Included is the console, 200 feet of cable, Sony 1304S monitor, an upgraded towfish, with factory 20lb. weight and additional weights, and custom built aluminum brackets for overhead console mounting.
                      I will take $5500.00 for the system.
                      reply to [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                      X