Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonar to avoid wrecks?

Sirs,

As you know here on the Gulf of Mexico coast we have taken a beating with hurricanes this past year. I own and operate a 80' steel shrimp trawler and need a way to navigate my bottom trawls around wrecks left behind by the storms. Do you have a basic sonar system that would work in shallow waters 20' to 150' for this purpose. Tearing of nets and lost time due to catching uncharted wrecks are a big problem for us. Price is of concern with all the difficulty we have had this past year.

Thanks,

Randy Skinner
    M/V Grace Elaine
    [email protected]

Scanning sonar

Randy, I have a Wesmar SS110 scanning sonar. It was originally developed for the trawlers to help them find and stay on a school of fish. The unit looks like a radar screen and the sonar dome mounts through the hull. You can set the scan width and position to any segment around the boat. Point the sonar to the starboard and scan an arc ±10° or point it directly ahead and scan ±40° or any other combination. Tilt the sonar beam from flat horizantal to 90° straight down. Any targets will show on the screen just like radar. $1,000.00US

Tom
    [email protected]

Comment

Working...
    X