Homemade transducer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade transducer

Does any know how to make a good quality transducer ?if so please let me know how to as I was considering upgradeing my sportscan with a longer / better transducer

build your own: what type?

Here is an interesting link with information about the different types of transducers. While itmight be easier to obtain materials to build nickel magnetorestrictive transducers, their performance is much less than the ceramic tranducers.
    http://www.ieee-uffc.org/ultrasonics...g/t7550281.pdf

Having to use ceramic transducers means that there are a limited number of suppliers. The array also has to be designed just like an electrical circuit would be for proper functioning. Just putting some sensors an a line and wiring them together may not work optimally. With an array if it is fed properly, you can actually "steer" the beam in different directions.

Comment

Hommade transductor

Here is a page to build transductors fluxgate

Comment

Homemade transductor

Here is a page to build a fluxgate sensor
        Attached Files

Comment

magnetic material- Fluxgate

That is a very valuable link that you posted.
          I wonder what type of alloy.material it is.

Comment

fluxgate sensors

The company that sold those fluxgate sensors does not seem to be in business anymore. I wonder how chossing a different material would affect the winding data?

Comment

Material, etc

I haven't read it all that carefully but aren't they just ferrite tubes (cores)?

For experimental purposes you'd get along with almost any piece of metallic tube of adequate size...

Comment

magnetization curves

Some metals are better than other because of their B VS. H plots. MU metal and permalloy are good. I do not know how others would perform as compared to them.

Comment

Working...
                X