Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with signal tracing in SPU

I need some help

I have been looking at our SPU to locate the 5v return signal needed to hook up the sonar to a A/D interface and run a sonar aquisition software on a computer.

I found a signal that I asume is the right one, as this was the most complex signal i could locate at the boards in the SPU.
    Can any one verify or weaken this?

The signal was found at Test Pin 2 :

And this is the signal that I found. It is very complex, and I can not see what other signal that could be this complex in this SPU. Sadly I have no schematics for these PCB's, so the only way is to trace the signals and look for something that I really have no idea of what it would look like on the scope.

Are there any one that have any clue if I have found the right signals?
    Or know of where I can get any more info or even a schematic for the Sonar amplifier W308 PCB from Waverley Electronics. # 5845-99-533-0744

I'll be happy for any feedback!

Thanks!

Glenn

I have been looking a bit more at this, and I can not see other than this must be the right signal.
    It responds to the gain settings, and what other signal at the sonar amplifier could that be?

Min gain setting:

50% gain :

And max gain:

So now I only need a National Instruments 6063E daq card to test the sonar on the bench before I put it together in a box and tow it out in the sea to do some real testing with the sonar aq. software.
    Does any one have a card for lease or sale?

Glenn

Comment

Working...
    X