Depressor Wing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depressor Wing

Does anyone have any design ideas for a simple depressor wing?

RGecy

Hi, what exact you need? Describe function of wing.

Comment

I need to build a depressor wing for a side scan sonar or magnetometer to get it deeper with less line out. Looking for someone who may have built one and can give me some clues to construction, balance and dynamics.

RGecy

Comment

Zwing

rgecy,
        just buy one,they are cheep:
        http://www.anglerscenter.com/zwing.htm

Comment

Thanks, I will check the z-wing and see how it works.

Rgecy

Comment

Depressor wing trials

Rgecy,......Did you get around to trialling the z-wing? If so, can I ask what you managed to find out?

Chris

Comment

Chris,

I havent had a chance to use the deprssor wing yet. Will keep you posted.

Robert in SC

Comment

Inexpensive depressor fin

Bob:
                Here is the same one that I bought on Ebay.
                cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DOEL-FIN-HYDROFOIL-FOR-OUTBOARD-MOTORS-BR-5102_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ31283QQihZ002QQite mZ120081030197QQrdZ1
                There are others (under 'hydrofoil') which are larger if you feel you need it. My guesstimate is that the Doel fin will generate about 100 lbs of tension at about 10 kts.
                Incidently my electonically non-challenged friend and I are going to look into the 997c problem of streaming data. We talked about it last night. Although a screen dump constipates the system, if it is putting out 1 line at a time to an auxilliary device (screen, laptop?) the real continuous data rate is NOT more than its processor can handle.
                Bryan

Comment

That would be awesome if you could get that data displayed on a higher resolution monitor. I think, just like the Lowrance units or Gary Burton, this data will be higher quality as well.

Give it a shot. I would be willing to help out in any way. I have an extra 987 transducer to play with.

Robert in SC

Comment

output from 987c

Bob:

I sent an email to Humminbird to charify their communications capabilities 4 days ago but have not received a response.

My friend and I were working out the computer systems I am putting into my aircarft and we spoke of the situation again on the weekend.

He said he was willing to set up the software to analyze the output if I could find him a system

My email is [email protected].

Bryan

Comment

Working...
                    X