Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSS buying sugestions

hello all,

this is my first post on this forum, but i am reading the threads since quite a long time, now made up my mind to ask for advice.
    i am planning to buy a SSS that will be used to create an uderwater map of sloping bottom in one of the lakes, what is most important for me is:

- the picture of the slopes should be scalowable, rotable and zoomable (best would be the one consisting of points, rather than spots)
    - as precise as possible

now, considering the above, i would like to ask for the general type of SSS suitable for that kind of operation, the model(s) should also allow:

- both sides scanning (instead of one-side, not obligatory but very welcomed - noone likes to go twice the same route)
    - right under the surface towfish towing (the water surface is very calm, therefore i would like to create the map showing the very shallow areas as well)
    - the angle of the swath (i am sorry for lamer's description) of 90degrees high (vertical) or as high as possible, allowing very shallow water scan (i.e. 1-5m deep)
    - inwater towfish towing (f.e. 20m deep), allowing on further merging the shallow-water maps and the deep-water ones with software

any suggested models/brands? some "helpful" questions more:
    - is towfish rotation allowed? instead of using short vertical swath (20-60deg high), maybe one can rotate the towfish and trim it in the way it is "watching" the area horizontally (parralel with water surface)?
    - any mosaic software cooperating with suggested SSS? (able to process data from analog device into multi-point picture-web on pc screen, or colaboring with digital models, as highly welcomed in the begging of this post)
    - which way of saving data is more practical? SD (or related) memory cards, or direct connection to onboard laptop (scanning will be done with 15m long motor boats/yahts, no problems with spacing/water inside)
    - what is the maximum operational depth for such sonars, related to the purpose of survey - 20m deep is enough to merge down two images one from shallow area (1-20m deep) and one from deep area (20-40/50/60m deep)?
    -towing speed (faster means better?) :P
    -two bandwith usage - one really needs that?

no answers?

hmm...

no answers? to many or to complicated questions?
    still waiting

best regards
    bnn

Comment

Register, and send me a PM with your e-mail adress, and I will give you answers to your questions!

Glenn

Comment

Working...
      X