Sidescan books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidescan books

Hi all, I'm new to the forum so go easy on me! Just wondering if anyone has a copy of 'Sound underwater images: A guide to the generation and interpretation of sidescan sonar data' that they don't need anymore and want to sell. I've seen it for sale on Amazon but it's way too expensive. Failing that can anyone recommend books or websites that deal with the same subject in detail?
    Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by RED5 View Post
    Hi all, I'm new to the forum so go easy on me! Just wondering if anyone has a copy of 'Sound underwater images: A guide to the generation and interpretation of sidescan sonar data' that they don't need anymore and want to sell. I've seen it for sale on Amazon but it's way too expensive. Failing that can anyone recommend books or websites that deal with the same subject in detail?
    Thanks in advance.
    The book is worth every $! Do not hesitate to order one, as it will give you 1000 of $ worth of knowledge.
    If you are serious about sidescan sonars, then 150 bucks shouldnt be any question.

Comment

Thanks for the advice unregistered, the book does come highly recommended. Managed to get hold of a copy, just waiting for it to arrive now. Just as a matter of interest does anyone have a copy of the manual for the Ultra 3500 line recorder? I've tried to get the manual from the guy i bought the unit from with no success.
      Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RED5 View Post
        Just as a matter of interest does anyone have a copy of the manual for the Ultra 3500 line recorder?
        Yes.... Also have schematics for the 3000 system.

But... Do you have any thermal paper for the 3500 linescan ? I think that this paper i not availiable any more. You might locate some rolls, but they are probably expensive, and probably dried out.
        You probably would be better off by converting the SPU into a computer based system.

Glenn

Comment

Hi Glenn, thanks for the reply. The line recorder came with two rolls of paper but i'll certainly need more. Sent an email to these guys trying to get more paper but didn't even get a reply, perhaps you'll have more luck. http://www.mkservices.co.uk/mks/page.asp?PageID=7
          I've been told that there are a couple of places in Aberdeen that may stock the paper, if they do then i'll post the details on the forum.

As for linking the SPU to a computer, i have a friend in Scotland who has a company dealing with marine electronics (more along the lines of underwater cameras, diver comms etc rather than GPS) that has made some progress on hardware and software to display the image on a laptop. I realise that there are a number of people with Ultra towfish and no means of displaying the images at the moment so i'll keep you informed on my friends progress.
          BTW i'll be out of the country for three weeks so if i don't reply to any posts you'll know why.
          Cheers.
          RED5.

Comment

I too would be interested in a copy of the sonar repair manual. Just acquired a 100 kHz fish and wish to interface to my Klien transceiver.

Akfisherman

Comment

Moin von der Insel

Send your email adress
              I got some manuals from Ultra electronics. (20 mb)

Comment

SSS Manuals

My email address is [email protected]

My main interest is the fish pin out designations, ie trigger, high voltage, starboard and port sig.

Thanks
                Jerry

Comment

Klein Towfish pinouts

I have all the documentation on Klein 400 & 500 series systems including the towfish from that era. Do you want the pinouts of the EO connector on the towish or on the upper end of the cable?

Comment

Originally posted by Akfisherman View Post
                    I too would be interested in a copy of the sonar repair manual. Just acquired a 100 kHz fish and wish to interface to my Klien transceiver.
                    Is this a Klein towfish, or other brand of sidescan? Far from all towfish's use the same pin-out on the connector.

Glenn

Comment

Tow fish

Yes, I'm looking for the pin out of a Dowty 100 fish. I'm trying to determine if I can interface to a Klien custom transceiver.

Comment

Probably not, as you might need to reconfigure the electronics to trigger it rigt, and also to have the top side unit tuned to suit returning signal. I'm not 100% sure of this, but you could try to email Klein for answer.

Comment

Working...
                        X