No announcement yet.

Humminbird 900 series continuous recording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I last posted I have been involved in the development of the Son file viewer with Ray, Peter, and others over at the Unofficial Humminbird Forum and wanted to share a sample captured output image of a recording. The results have been promising and hopefully we will be able to have a fully function program within a few weeks. There has been alot done to break down the structure of the son files, but there is still more to do.

Robert

Comment

Domestic and international?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      FYI

The speed of the recording depends on the quality of the SD card. The SanDisk Ultra cards work well with almost no slowdown of the sonar.

The only reason to slow the ping rate is to get more recording time (at the cost of lower resolution).

To make sure everyone understands - software updates are available so that the 987 and the 981 can support recording.

There is no support yet for continuous recording on a computer. It is being considered.

The cable going from the unit to the transducer is analog (high voltage transmit (over 1kv) and small signal receive. Be careful not to hurt your measurement equipment. If you want to entend the cable use low capacitance cable (< 15pf/foot) like Belden 9730 or Alpha 6073c. Make sure the individual shielded pairs are insulated and individually shielded at the splices and then waterproofed.

Hi,

I guess the unregistered person who wrote this is a representative of Humminbird. Dave Betts perhaps? Never mind. The person seems to know what he/she is talking about so I believe in every word. But one question suddenly made me a bit nervous (I'm very close to buy my own 987). Does the info on software update apply to the domestic AND the international models? Most people on the forum, who have tested the update with success, seem to live in north america so the tests might be limited to the domestic models. Has anyone tested continous recording using an international version of the 981 or 987?

Regards
      Rickard

Comment

Working...
      X