UPDATE: Humminbird Sonar Recording Playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I'm using this file converter + yellowfin, It's really fantastic.

I was wondering how you yet the view in the third screen shot at the start of this thread.

Thank you.

Comment

Lowrance?

Hey Robert -

I've been busy with the boat and side scan for a couple of months... did you ever get a chance to finish that converter for the Lowrance format? I'd love to use something besides the Lowrance tool, plus I'd like to get back to work on my own viewer and maybe get some mosaic software set up.

Thanks,
      Erik

Comment

Great Stuff

Great job!!!!

Many thanks from Romania.

Adrian

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Hi,

I'm using this file converter + yellowfin, It's really fantastic.

I was wondering how you yet the view in the third screen shot at the start of this thread.

Thank you.
          The third image is using SonarWiz Map which will do a mozaic image. Very close to releasing a new version that has an image preview and XTF support.

Let you guys know when its ready.

Robert Gecy

Comment

Just wanted to update this thread. There is a new software out for viewing the HB Side Imaging data and the 2D sonar data as well.

Its call HumViewer. Here is the link: http://forums.sideimagingsoft.com/index.php?topic=155.0

Comment

Originally posted by rgecy View Post
              The third image is using SonarWiz Map which will do a mozaic image. Very close to releasing a new version that has an image preview and XTF support.

Let you guys know when its ready.

Robert Gecy
              Hi, will the converter support converting of XTF files as well?
              How about including a convert utility, to edit the header so that the XTF's will be accepted by the Yellowfin software.
              I recon thats why it wont read the TXF files, as it dont have the "yellowfin" tag in the header.
              This is the same reason other viewers from the sonar suppliers won't read files that are recorded on other equipment than their own.

Comment

Humminbird 798si

cant open viewer at http:// imagenex.com/yellowFin 109c installation zip it tells me this link appears to be broken. I would like to be able to view my recordings from my 798ci hd si

Comment

http://www.metaldec.nl/downloads/yel...stallation.zip

Comment

Glennk,I thank you for your help in getting yellowfin up and working on my pc,however at this time I am able to view recordings made on my humminbird 797ci hd si but at the startup of yellowfin I get a popup that says com1 is not available please chose another com port at that point i close out the popup and the connection window pops up I then click yes and it trys to connect but is unable to do so and the results says no connection. I have gone to ipchicken to try and obtain my current is address and put it in the window to try and find the solution but with no success. I am wondering is it because of the lack of internet connection I am not able to use all of the commands available in the interface for some of the commands are hot and some are not. Is there a way to use all of the commands in yellowfin? Did I load all of thr files necessary when i loated the setup of yellowfin..Help mike 404/849-1658

Comment

It's probably because the Yellowfin software tries to read the data from the sonar instead from the file.
                      Try to load the xtf file into the software and see if the message still pops up?

Comment

I am loading a file that I converted using HBSI to yellowfin the file is R0032 02 27 11 Perhaps I should do something different to achieve the right file type or what? I'm lost. I might need a quick phone call walk through 404/849-1658 ....thanks Mike

Comment

My files don't say xtf as their extension but I did convert them using HBSI converter to yellowfin Perhaps I need a quick phone call walk through..Mike 404/849-1658

Comment

Works just like a dream.
                            This image is a screendump of the file you already had converted to the .872 format.

Comment

Hi Glennk,Glad to know that it works well when you tested it,however I am unable th get the functions of Yellowfin to work on my pc. Once I x out the message cant find comport the popup appears to click yes for real-time data acquisition I click yes and then I get a reply aquiring followed by cant connect. Afterbthat I continue using Yellowfin but only certain buttons are hot and i have limitted use. How can I get more use of the aparent functions in Yellowfin. If the program opens and I am able to view my file have I achieved all of the functions that I am allowed or is there another way to get the program to do more tasks....thanks ...Mike PS I wil send email of the printscreen shots of how the messages appear.

Comment

real-time data acquisition = NO!
                                You shall load a file, not use real-time data!

Maybe this is the reason why you can't get it working?

Comment

Working...
                                X