No announcement yet.

Anyone using the SonarWiz.map software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using the SonarWiz.map software?

Wonder how well it works and how easy it is to use?

Videorov

I have been in the side scan buisness for 35 years. I have used all the high end software, OIC, Triton, Caris, Coda and Cheasapeake SonarWizMAp. My favorite, the easiest to use, and the one that gives incredable processing results is SonarWizMAp. Besides state -of-the-art processing power, in an aquisition mode it not only aquires side scan data, but will also aquire magnetometer, Sub-bottom data and single beam bathymetry. It has a full navigation and survey line control with background navigation charts. It is flexible and will interface and operate with older analog systems as well as todays modern digital systems. It is simply a winner.

Comment

Amen!

Been at this a while myself, and while my career doesn't go back to the days of using Loran or Buoys, our work has jumped ahead in leaps and bounds using SonarWiz-map. Having been trained on and exposed to other software packages, including CARIS, Hypack, QuesterTangent and some manufacturer software packages, SWiz is the single most intuitive and easy to use. I still prefer SonarWeb for processing/mosaic generation, but for data collection .Map is the way to go. On normal work, mapping 50m/side (100m swath) we have increased efficiency by almost 50% by being able to run lines at 75m or more spacing, rather than the 50m we used to run w/out mosaicing.

Besides, John Gann is just a pretty good guy to deal with!

Comment

Working...
      X