help wanted, I need a side scan sonar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help wanted, I need a side scan sonar

I need some help and direction to go, looking for a side scan sonar for under 15k US...complete unit for a dummy to operate, what do you guys recommend..any help or ideas would be appreciated, fresh water lakes,upto 300 feet deep is my target..

yellowfin

thinking of going with the Yellowfin side scan sonar, any experience with these units before by any of the forum members?

Comment

yikes

you guys are killing me.....no word on this unit?...I've heard great things about it,3 frequencies,1000' dept,1300' swaths.....oh well, I bought one,should be here in a few days...will let u know how it works...

Comment

Moin von der Insel

What range do you want to scan ?

Look for www.starfishsonar.com

Heiko

Comment

Originally posted by camshaw View Post
          you guys are killing me.....no word on this unit?...I've heard great things about it,3 frequencies,1000' dept,1300' swaths.....oh well, I bought one,should be here in a few days...will let u know how it works...
          Got anything to share with us? The Yellowfin is a nice sidescan, very well suited for eg. wreck hunting.

Comment

I need some help and direction to go, looking for a side scan sonar for under 15k US...complete unit for a dummy to operate, what do you guys recommend..any help or ideas would be appreciated, fresh water lakes,upto 300 feet deep is my target..

Cheap? Check Burton Electronics. It might interest you.

Comment

Originally posted by hung View Post
              Cheap? Check Burton Electronics. It might interest you.
              Whats wrong with people these days? Don't bother to read the 3 first posts in a thread?

Don't think camshaw has anything to gain by go for a Burton system.
              I have had the ExHigh-res system from Borton, nice pics, but it cant reach nowhere near all the functions and the altering possibilities the Yellowfin has.

If I could choose betwen the Burton and the Yellowfin... There's no really choise, as the one is a REAL budget system, and the other is a fully functional sidescan system.

Comment

Working...
              X