buried bottles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buried bottles

Gidday there. I am hunting for antique bottles on mud flats(sea estuary).I am tired of using a metal probe rod and was wondering if there is an electronic system that will show up glass and/or ceramics in wet mud or dry soil.Would appreciate any info or links..Cheers..Dave

Are the mud flats leveled under water? Or is the mudflat "dry land"?
    Is its not underwater, it might be geo-radar that is the best suited equipment.
    If it is covered by a few inches of water, it might be possible to use a sub bottom profiler.

Comment

Thanks for the tips Glennk.The flats range from knee-deep water to dried mud.Above high water is compacted sandy soil where there were some old camps.Not sure whether there is any buried rubbish there but would like to check.Will get on with educating myself about the gear you mentioned..Cheers for that..Dave

Comment

Also...are there hand-held sub-bottom profilers or geo radars with waterproof coils?..Cheers..Dave

Comment

There should be.
          Try to search for GPR - ground penetrating radar and ground radar in the forum, and on google.
          There is alot of info on this matter, and you should be able to locate some dealer or producer of this kind of equipment, that might help you with more info or maybe a demo of the equipment.

Comment

Thanks Glennk.I"ll let the forum newbies know what devices I find on the Market..Cheers..Dave

Comment

Working...
            X