Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transducer LSS-1 and HDS-8 - how to connect electrically and mechanically on the boat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transducer LSS-1 and HDS-8 - how to connect electrically and mechanically on the boat?

Hi,
    I have a few questions about the structure of an LSS-scan sonar and Lowrance HDS-8-transducer 83/200:

1. Are these devices can be powered from a battery? If yes, what I should be the volume - how many Ah?

2. Which solution is better fitting:

2A. Two transducer - one by one

2B. Two transducer side by side

3 What should be the minimum distance between the Transducer 83/200 (HDS- and StructureScan Transducer

3A

3B

4 As the difference in the level should be between 83/200 Transducer (HDS- and StructureScan Transducer -? Do I have to mount them on the same level or better for one was a few inches above and one below?

4A

4B

5. Seeking a proven way to mount the transducer both portable installation

6. Does anyone have any videos or photos on a portable transducer mounting HDS-8 and a LSS-1

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Can somebody help me with that ? I search everywhere but i don't found anything useful.

Please help me.

Comment

Anyone can help me with that ?

Comment

Originally posted by gregkrak View Post
        Anyone can help me with that ?
        The Ah depends on what A your equipment uses, and this will make a difference on the time you can use the equipment from the batteries.
        1Ah = 1A equipment for one hour, roughly. BUT, when you do the math you should use a x1.3 figure to be within the limit with good margins.
        eg: Your eguipment uses 1A at max. We use x1.3 and that gives us a 1.3A draw by the equipment.
        If yoy have a 130Ah battery pack, this would keep your equipment alive for about 100 Hours.
        BUT, it all depends on your batteries. Some batteries will have a rapid de-charge while others have a long de-charge fase. So you need to consult your battery supplier or read your battery's documentation.

The mounting of the transducers may be ok even if you mount them on the same mount. The best way to determine what mounting that is the best for your equipment is to try it out, and test if it works ok.
        Some equipment will work fine together, while other eguipment will make interferrence and degrade the signals.

Hope this will help you.

Comment

Hello !!

I just bought sonar HDS-8 and Strukture scan LSS-1 and I have some questions about the electrical connection:
          A. Photo of power cord Structure scan LSS-1

B. Photos of power cord sonar HDS-8

• Can two red lines (HDS-8 and LSS-1) I connect together to the battery ?
          • On which wire (of sonar) to install HDS- 8 sonar fuse ?
          • On which wire Structure scan LSS-1 install fuse ?
          • I read somewhere that the yellow wire scan sonar and strukture scan one should connect - whether that's true.
          • Where install (on which wire) in LSS-1 switch ?
          • Is it true that there are two options for connecting to the sonar HDS with Structure scan LSS-1:

- yellow wire connects the two devices and in the moment if I turn the sonar on they are enclosing strukture scan
          - switch is mounted on the wire of strukture scan and it depends on me whether I enabled or disabled

Please for the help and the detailed description of ways podłaczenia of these two devices because I don't wish corruptions (to burn) of devices.

Thank you very much in advance for your help !!

Comment

Working...
          X