Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selective Frequency

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Daves
    replied
    Originally posted by Carl-NC View Post
    The easiest way to do this is with a square wave TX. Use an H-bridge driver for the TX coil. Use a wide band RX preamp and demods and do time domain sampling. Results will be similar to a sinusoidal narrow band system.
    *I did not put resonance capacitance on the rx coil for single frequency and it was not a problem. It did rx detection when I passed a metal over the coil.
    *I chose 3 different frequencies.
    *I did not put resonance capacitance on the RX side. On one of the frequency I selected the rx was overloaded and never recovered. I added resonance capacity to Rx and it was fine.
    *If I'm going to add 1 resonance capacity to Rx, which frequency should I adjust it to?
    *The frequencies I chose for TX are 5-10-15kHz. Should I tune the RX resonance like 13 or 14 just below the highest frequency or like 4 or 3 smaller than the lowest frequency 5?
    * As the TX frequency changes, the TX driving power changes to Vpp. What should be the minimum acceptable value?
    *Which frequency should I work while adjusting RX phase and Vrms? Is it the highest or the lowest?
    *Is there anything I should pay attention to when I buy ferrite for RX? Can I do it with any ferrite?​

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    The easiest way to do this is with a square wave TX. Use an H-bridge driver for the TX coil. Use a wide band RX preamp and demods and do time domain sampling. Results will be similar to a sinusoidal narrow band system.

    Leave a comment:


  • Daves
    replied
    Originally posted by waltr View Post
    Assuming this is a VLF type detector like the TGS or IDX....


    Typically Sine but it can work with square.

    I have though of trying to do this with the TGSL which runs at 14.5kHz. This is a good frequency for low conductors like US nickles but not so great on silver coins.
    The IDX (another project here on Geotech) runs at ~7.5kHz and is better on silver coins.
    First of all thank you for the reply.

    Yes I asked for a VLF.

    There was a question I forgot to add. I will use graphite spray for the shield, but how much resistance should it be?​

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    Assuming this is a VLF type detector like the TGS or IDX....

    Originally posted by Daves View Post
    Hi guys,
    Suppose a detector operating with a selectable single frequency. Let's assume the frequency alternatives are 5, 10, 15kHz

    -Do I need to change the resonance capacitances of both TX and RX?
    Yes
    -What should be the frequency difference between TX and RX?
    Enough so it is stable through a range of temperatures
    -What should be the phase difference when the Rx coil is trying to nullling?
    ? Not sure.
    -Should drive at selectable frequency be with sine or square wave? -How should the frequency switching circuit be? A example schematic or drawing would be great.​
    Typically Sine but it can work with square.

    I have though of trying to do this with the TGSL which runs at 14.5kHz. This is a good frequency for low conductors like US nickles but not so great on silver coins.
    The IDX (another project here on Geotech) runs at ~7.5kHz and is better on silver coins.

    Leave a comment:


  • Daves
    started a topic Selective Frequency

    Selective Frequency

    Hi guys,
    Suppose a detector operating with a selectable single frequency. Let's assume the frequency alternatives are 5, 10, 15kHz

    -Do I need to change the resonance capacitances of both TX and RX?
    -What should be the frequency difference between TX and RX?
    -What should be the phase difference when the Rx coil is trying to nullling?
    -Should drive at selectable frequency be with sine or square wave? -How should the frequency switching circuit be? A example schematic or drawing would be great.​
Working...
X