Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VLF MD with digital signal processing : Bee-Buzz 1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Atul Asthana
    replied
    I'd have much preferred many more experts joining in to share their knowledge and expertise to improve this md further.

    my knowledge (and not the expertise) is limited to 30-40 years old signal processing and I guess, a lot of newer knowledge exists that can improve this design.

    Leave a comment:


  • Atul Asthana
    replied
    I plan to dedicate more time on researching to further improve this metal detector, aiming to maximize the utilisation of microcontroller's processing power to create a distinctive and slightly better device, better than a standard, run-of-the-mill one.

    Despite the limitations of using the internal 12-bit ADC, I believe it's possible to reduce the noise floor, enhance the effective number of bits (ENOB), improve target identification precision, and reduce power consumption, and all this at a very low cost.
    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • Atul Asthana
    replied
    Originally posted by Marchel View Post

    Here is the complete project for Keil ARM and the file for displaying data in the MCUViewer program, which is in the Media folder.

    https://www.mediafire.com/file/qbp8x...ector.zip/file

    https://github.com/klonyyy/MCUViewer
    great,


    thank you. I will talk to my favorite programmers to experiment, though they seem to be more comfortable with stm32mx cube.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Marchel View Post

    It's weird, if I want to ask you anything in the future I'll send you an e-mail instead

    Leave a comment:


  • Marchel
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Oh I finally figured out what the problem is with pm!
    If I click on "Inbox" your message is not there, it simply does not exist.
    But if I click on the above "Message Center" then your second message appears!??
    Does this defy logic?


    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	285
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	432577​

    ​
    It's weird, if I want to ask you anything in the future I'll send you an e-mail instead

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Oh I finally figured out what the problem is with pm!
    If I click on "Inbox" your message is not there, it simply does not exist.
    But if I click on the above "Message Center" then your second message appears!??
    Does this defy logic?


    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	285
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	432577​

    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • Marchel
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    However, now I only see your first pm from before!?
    That's what I'm talking about, those problems with the pm system on the forum.
    Here I tried everything and failed to see your second pm?

    ​
    I wrote you the last message about 05:05 PM

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    However, now I only see your first pm from before!?
    That's what I'm talking about, those problems with the pm system on the forum.
    Here I tried everything and failed to see your second pm?

    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • Marchel
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Marchel I sent you a pm.
    But as always I have problems with the pm system on the forum.
    I have no feedback that my pm was sent to you.
    Please check if you got a pm from me.
    Otherwise, if you want p2p contact; contact me on email: [email protected]
    I apologize for breaking into the topic like this and disturbing your work!
    ​
    Yes, I received a message from you and I replied to you.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Marchel I sent you a pm.
    But as always I have problems with the pm system on the forum.
    I have no feedback that my pm was sent to you.
    Please check if you got a pm from me.
    Otherwise, if you want p2p contact; contact me on email: [email protected]
    I apologize for breaking into the topic like this and disturbing your work!
    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • Marchel
    replied
    Originally posted by Atul Asthana View Post

    I will be grateful,

    ​​​​​​thanks
    Here is the complete project for Keil ARM and the file for displaying data in the MCUViewer program, which is in the Media folder.



    Real-time embedded variable & trace viewer. Contribute to klonyyy/MCUViewer development by creating an account on GitHub.

    Leave a comment:


  • Atul Asthana
    replied
    Originally posted by Marchel View Post

    If you are interested, I can add complete files for Keil ARM and STM32 Cube MX.
    I will be grateful,

    ​​​​​​thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Marchel
    replied
    Originally posted by Atul Asthana View Post

    excellent excellent

    thats a great confirmation.

    I recalculated the entire md for 9 khz, improving the Qs and tightening the bandwidth + increasing the siot rates from 256 to 512. my calculated enob is 19, but practicslly, it should be slightly better than 16-17 bits.​
    If you are interested, I can add complete files for Keil ARM and STM32 Cube MX.

    Leave a comment:


  • Atul Asthana
    replied
    Originally posted by Marchel View Post
    Today I had time and tried the method that I use in my metal detector on an STM32 BluePill and it seems that direct sampling would work without problems. In my test I tested a TX frequency of 20kHz and I made 16 samples which were then resampled 64x. The main loop runs on RTOS and includes all filters, magnitude and VDI calculation so this is the majority of the code. I attach a printscreen where you can see samples from the TX signal processed in Demodulation(); the frequency of the RTOS loop is about 312Hz.
    excellent excellent

    thats a great confirmation.

    I recalculated the entire md for 9 khz, improving the Qs and tightening the bandwidth + increasing the siot rates from 256 to 512. my calculated enob is 19, but practicslly, it should be slightly better than 16-17 bits.​

    Leave a comment:


  • Marchel
    replied
    Today I had time and tried the method that I use in my metal detector on an STM32 BluePill and it seems that direct sampling would work without problems. In my test I tested a TX frequency of 20kHz and I made 16 samples which were then resampled 64x. The main loop runs on RTOS and includes all filters, magnitude and VDI calculation so this is the majority of the code. I attach a printscreen where you can see samples from the TX signal processed in Demodulation(); the frequency of the RTOS loop is about 312Hz.

    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X