Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Designing PCBs in KiCad with AI – Konnect + pcb-inspector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Designing PCBs in KiCad with AI – Konnect + pcb-inspector

    Hi everyone,

    sharing something I've been playing with lately on the boards for my detector. Maybe
    someone finds it useful.

    I hooked up two tools to an AI agent and used them to redesign my probe board:

    - Konnect (https://github.com/mixelpixx/Konnect) is the hands. It drives KiCad
    live: syncs the schematic to the board, places parts, routes tracks. Everything can
    be undone with plain Ctrl+Z, so no stress.
    - pcb-inspector (https://github.com/takzen/pcb-inspector) is my eyes. I wrote it
    myself: it checks the board (KiCad's DRC/ERC, schematic parity, decoupling, ground,
    track widths and a few other things) and tells you what's wrong.

    The AI runs in a loop: Konnect changes something, the inspector checks it right away,
    and if something's off it gets fixed and checked again, until everything is clean.
    What I like is that nothing gets through unchecked, and I still decide what the
    board should look like.

    You can also run pcb-inspector on its own, no AI needed, on any KiCad project. If
    you have ideas for what else it should check, let me know.

    The board is waiting to be made; I'll let you know how it turns out.

    Cheers,
    Christopher​​

    Click image for larger version

Name:	12.png
Views:	161
Size:	480.0 KB
ID:	453033

  • #2
    Hi,

    certainly interesting... but check on the routing. Some of the tracks looks very odd routed.

    Comment


    • #3
      Testing how far AI can actually go with PCB design. 4 layers, 184 components -- designed with Claude Opus 5.5, KiCad, Konnect and pcb-inspector.


      Comment

      Working...
      X