Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHANCE Pcb's Finally Here

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tepco
    replied
    And interestingly, new software version work perfectly good without any hardware change. It is unclear to me why these changes are needed at first place, nothing fundamental is changed in circuit operation, except creating problems like this. Lovely thing, just like Micro$oft, get ready to update software to V.1.1.1.

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    Q2 is wrong on the pcb, S is ground, G goes to R3, D goes to Q1 For 2sc945 see pins in picture - Emitter to ground, Collector to Q1, base to R3
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Legaucho
    replied
    Hello Silverdog

    Please find the attached pictures, I think Q2 is wrong.

    Best regards
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    Can you post some pictures of your board ? what components are you using for Q1, Q2, Q3 ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Legaucho
    replied
    Q3 on Chance

    I need your help, because I finished assembling the various components of the detector Chance, when I turn it on with the coil connected, Q3 becomes hot. As soon as I remove the coil, Q3 becomes cold.
    Thank you in advance for your sugestions

    Leave a comment:


  • baum7154
    replied
    Firmware 1.0.1

    Just installed new Atmel processor with latest 1.0.1 firmware from Silverdog and performed all mods suggested by FANDY. The unit goes thru its turn on routine and then just sits there buzzing with no signal strength indicated and does not change for any metal of any size at any distance from the coil. Does anyone have any different experience with this firmware version? I double checked all of my mods and they are correct.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tepco
    replied
    Can you post waveforms and picture of your coil? If you have any means, check coil inductivity, or very carefully visually check your coil. Trick is, it is very easy do mistakenly reverse winding direction at some point during assembly, without been noticed due to specific coil shape, and then coil wont work as expected.

    Leave a comment:


  • okantex
    replied
    same as original , you can see details fromsilverdog's page

    Leave a comment:


  • WM6
    replied
    Originally posted by okantex View Post
    Hello ,
    I could not see any development with this basket coil.
    I used 0,75 wire , plate thickness is 3mm , rest is same with original coil.

    okantex
    Hi okantex

    Which basket coil did you mean?

    Can you post picture of it, here, to get an idea what you mean?

    Leave a comment:


  • okantex
    replied
    Hello ,
    I could not see any development with this basket coil.
    I used 0,75 wire , plate thickness is 3mm , rest is same with original coil.

    I was hoping to see decrease at signal curve.
    but result is different , it increased sataurated are , now decay starts much more later.
    and could not see any sensitivity ,or how it reacts different for different metals.

    is there anybody who got scope pictures of this basket coil to consider with mono coil?
    regards
    okantex

    Leave a comment:


  • baum7154
    replied
    New Firmware Version 1.0.1

    It appears that F Andy has another release, Version 1.0.1 FYI. According to the Babelfish translation it has to do with eliminating some of the 'Flicks'.

    Also quickly looked at the board vs the mod schema and it appears the diagram for the speaker mod has the wrong polarity sign on the 1000 uf cap. Should be + not - where the cathode of the diode meets the cap. The diode can be easily mounted near the speaker connect points of the board.

    Regards,

    Dan

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    I didn't realise how few CHANCE pcb's I had left after this weeks little burst of activity following the new firmware

    I will need to order new boards very soon, could someone check the proposed pcb layout changes following the mods required for the new firmware

    Any other suggestions for changes gratefully received - hole sizes etc.. ?

    regards

    Silverdog
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    Ok I have the new firmware - All future Sales will be with the new Code
    I will add just a Chip with the new code to the shop as well so existing users can upgrade if they wish

    Silverdog

    Leave a comment:


  • WM6
    replied
    Originally posted by baum7154 View Post
    Silverdog et all,

    Andy F has released new firmware, Version 1.

    I was unable to download the new firmware but if you Silverdog can I would like to purchase another Atmel processor with it installed from you. Please let me know.

    Regards,

    Dan
    Thanks Dan.

    Here you are newest firmware and some mods:

    The new appointment of buttons:

    * S1 "Barrier-/ Menu Down"
    * S2 "Barrier + / Menu Up"
    * S3 "Volume-/ Value-/ Value switch"
    * S4 "Volume + / Value + / Value switch"
    * S5 "Zero / OK (Enter)"
    * S6 "Menu / Esc"


    Graph comments (translated by Google):

    1. 5 cents of the USSR (brass)
    2. Soviet Union 2 kopeks (brass)
    3. 15 cents 1915 (Ag, billon)
    4. Russian 5 rubles (Cu)
    5. 20 kopecks 1923 (Ag, billon)
    6. 20 kopecks 1938 (nickel)
    7. 1 kopek Nicholas I (Cu)
    8. 2 RUB
    9. 10 rubles 1993
    10. USSR 1 ruble (nickel)
    11. 5 cents of the USSR (brass)
    12. 2 kopeks, Alexander I (Cu)
    13. 10 pfenigov, III Reich (Zn)
    14. 1 Russian ruble
    15. 5 cents Catherine II (Cu)
    16. 1 kopek Soviet Union (Brass)
    17. 50 rubles in 1993
    18. Roundels (Al) <----------------------- this can be near to gold caracteristic
    19. German Button (Al)
    20. Bullet Mignet (Pb)
    21. 15 cents 1940 (nickel)
    22. Nut (Fe)
    23. Tin circle (Fe)
    24. 50 kopeks Russia (Fe)
    25. 10 kopeks Russia (Fe)
    26. Roundels (Fe)
    27. 5 cents of the Russian Federation (Fe)
    28. 1 kopek Russia (fe)
    29. Bolt (Fe)
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • baum7154
    replied
    New CHANCE programming - Version 1

    Silverdog et all,

    Andy F has released new firmware, Version 1. This new version requires removal of D9 and a value change of R9 to 820 ohms. Also Q2 & R3 are now replaced with a 2SC945 and R3 becomes 3K3 (3000 ohms ?) on the base of Q2.

    Apparently the new software has only 3 masks for FE discrimination and a chart of allegedly much improved metal discrimination is provided on the CHANCE site. The chart shows results with brass, copper, silver, nickel, zinc, aluminum, iron, & lead...but not gold.

    Below is his quote from the MD4U Russian web site:

    I finally present the new version of piercing - 1.0. To [skachat] it is possible from the page of instrument - http://fandy.vov.ru/Chance.htm . Program is completely rewritten, I hope, it came out better than it was. If something not then - it is reparable . For the correct work of the new version it is very desirable to conduct the apparatus modifications, indicated there, they in no way complex. END QUOTE

    I was unable to download the new firmware but if you Silverdog can I would like to purchase another Atmel processor with it installed from you. Please let me know.

    Regards,

    Dan

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X