If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Didn't dfbowers have similar problem at first? Maybe he found what the problem was....
-SB
I never did figure it out. I just used the oscillator from the SMW project. But.. I was just doing a breadboard. They are almost alike except for a 2n2 capacitor replaces the 390K resistor (R4). Other than that, it's the same configuration with different resistor values.
sorry to bother you but I am at the exact position of starting to make the coils for the IGSL with TGSL coils. The Kit has been ordered from SilverDog and I am going to use the info's about windings and impedance's given in Don' Bowers excellent TGSL 101 Part 1, that is all on the following picture, I hope its readable:-
Are those the correct details to use, or do you recommend any changes? See the first picture.
Also I plan to use the "wet Grass" connection diagram using a USB cable to the electronics, as shown in the second picture.....any comment there?
I wish you a great weekend and sorry to disturb you in any way.
Thanks in advance also.
Regards
Andy
Yes, I would like Ivconic's opinion here as well. I can tell you that I have extensively tested the "wet grass" configuration and that is the only way that I will ever build another TGSL coil!! I have completely built in the neighborhood of 10 or 11 coils now. Ivconic has probably built may more. Very early on in the TGSL posts, Ivconic was using a similar grounding configuration, but then later changed it to the configuration at the top, per Tesoro's standard for some reason.
The big difference is that U101a pin 6 does not connect to the shield in any way, I was speculating that noise from the coil in wet grass was coming from that connection. Disconnecting it solves the problem without creating other issues.
General tech discussions on all types of metal detectors: VLF, 2-box, BFO, off-resonance, PLL, etc. Questions, ideas, and anything else that moves you.
sorry to bother you but I am at the exact position of starting to make the coils for the IGSL with TGSL coils. The Kit has been ordered from SilverDog and I am going to use the info's about windings and impedance's given in Don' Bowers excellent TGSL 101 Part 1, that is all on the following picture, I hope its readable:-
Are those the correct details to use, or do you recommend any changes? See the first picture.
Also I plan to use the "wet Grass" connection diagram using a USB cable to the electronics, as shown in the second picture.....any comment there?
I wish you a great weekend and sorry to disturb you in any way.
You may be right Ivconics, but I'm, nulling the coil the same way I nulled the TGSL coil which worked good! I am still waiting to see if anyone duplicates the musketeer coil, and gets it to work right. If I cant get it to work properly, its a simple matter to build a tgsl coil and revert to your original design.
Be aware that musk coil is not same wired inside, as tgsl coil. Also not same wired to cable too.
Yes, you are right, with a simple few moves you can turn it in first version..
All the time i knew...
...
Wiltran, there is no much sense in measuring AC voltage across TX coil connections with voltmeter... meaning nothing!
That's why you giving here all the time wrong infos!
...
Nothing bad with your pcb!
Your coil is not balanced well ! (same old thing...again and again...)
You may be right Ivconics, but I'm, nulling the coil the same way I nulled the TGSL coil which worked good! I am still waiting to see if anyone duplicates the musketeer coil, and gets it to work right. If I cant get it to work properly, its a simple matter to build a tgsl coil and revert to your original design.
Regulated Power into 200 ohm pot 7.96V
sorry, I read scope wrong before..
Turning 200 ohm pot- Osc. starts at about 3V will run to 10V (2- 5v divisions) max with small notch at top of sine wave.
Cheap digital voltmeter shows 6.5 v AC at 200 v scale on tx coil connections
All the time i knew...
...
Wiltran, there is no much sense in measuring AC voltage across TX coil connections with voltmeter... meaning nothing!
That's why you giving here all the time wrong infos!
...
Nothing bad with your pcb!
Your coil is not balanced well ! (same old thing...again and again...)
Changes in what range? 1vpp to 4vpp...or even more?
In case you don't have mistakes on pcb, or in components.. than must be something pretty wrong wired in your coil!?
What is power supply at TX? Have you measured it?
Regulated Power into 200 ohm pot 7.96V
sorry, I read scope wrong before..
Turning 200 ohm pot- Osc. starts at about 3V will run to 10V (2- 5v divisions) max with small notch at top of sine wave.
Cheap digital voltmeter shows 6.5 v AC at 200 v scale on tx coil connections
Yes, when I turn 200 ohm pot it will change amplitude. Yes I have a scope. I used 1-BC327 & 2- BC547
Changes in what range? 1vpp to 4vpp...or even more?
In case you don't have mistakes on pcb, or in components.. than must be something pretty wrong wired in your coil!?
What is power supply at TX? Have you measured it?
Strange!?
When you turn 220 ohms (or 200, never mind) trimmer at TX - does it affect amplitude?
Do you have oscilloscope to monitor amplitude behavior?
What transistors you used at TX?
Yes, when I turn 200 ohm pot it will change amplitude. Yes I have a scope. I used 1-BC327 & 2- BC547
Try a few drops of Lavender oil massaged into any exposed areas of skin, it keeps the Mosquitoes off me. But use only a tiny amount, not like sun-tan oil!!!! As it's quite expensive, here anyway, but a small bottle lasts a whole season for me.
It has worked for me in Malaya, all of Europe and in both Colorado and Florida.
Enjoy.
Andy
Damn mosquitoes!
Sometimes on the field i have feeling that am their most desired target!
I tried everything!
I used various commercial preparations, vinegar, Lavender, various buzzers.. NOTHING!
Once i even made "special" whistler/buzzer with high power .... zero results!
That buzzer almost killed me - but not damn mosquitoes!
... I heard that Lorenz PI detectors are pretty efficient in pest killing, especially mosquitoes?!
Maybe we should use only Lorenz PI's in Summertime period?!
(Don't know about White's TDI capabilities in such matters...)
1.01 mh TX coil, 14.73 mh RX coil, 8713 TX freq, 4 V TX amplitude- 2v x 2 divisions, US quarter -3" steel pliers 4". Will beep 2 tones low steel, high- non ferrous. Seems to lack tx power. ground balances set midrange, tried different settings for threshold pots, set temporary null just as I did for TGSL coils- but power output is very weak. checked R values around osc. circuit, and transistors are orientated just like Eduardo board pcb.
Strange!?
When you turn 220 ohms (or 200, never mind) trimmer at TX - does it affect amplitude?
Do you have oscilloscope to monitor amplitude behavior?
What transistors you used at TX?
I'M waiting to see if DBowers or someone else who is winding musketeer coils comes up with something, meanwhile I'm stumped! I wish I could go hunting with my trusty TGSL but the last three times I went out to my favorite spot, the mosquitos are so bad I had to turn back. Deet seems to be useless anymore!
Try a few drops of Lavender oil massaged into any exposed areas of skin, it keeps the Mosquitoes off me. But use only a tiny amount, not like sun-tan oil!!!! As it's quite expensive, here anyway, but a small bottle lasts a whole season for me.
It has worked for me in Malaya, all of Europe and in both Colorado and Florida.
Enjoy.
You haven't provided enough infos here... maybe you have some trivial problem...
1.01 mh TX coil, 14.73 mh RX coil, 8713 TX freq, 4 V TX amplitude- 2v x 2 divisions, US quarter -3" steel pliers 4". Will beep 2 tones low steel, high- non ferrous. Seems to lack tx power. ground balances set midrange, tried different settings for threshold pots, set temporary null just as I did for TGSL coils- but power output is very weak. checked R values around osc. circuit, and transistors are orientated just like Eduardo board pcb.
I'M waiting to see if DBowers or someone else who is winding musketeer coils comes up with something, meanwhile I'm stumped! I wish I could go hunting with my trusty TGSL but the last three times I went out to my favorite spot, the mosquitos are so bad I had to turn back. Deet seems to be useless anymore!
You haven't provided enough infos here... maybe you have some trivial problem...
Leave a comment: