Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IGSL

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • der_fisherman
    replied
    OK, I will list the failures I have seen, but I have not checked the complete PCB, I feel that with the type of failures I can see, there are serious problems of documemntation.

    Examples only:-

    Part Schematic Parts List
    C4 103 220µF 16v Electrolytic
    C3 10pF 220µF 16v Electrolytic
    C5 0.22nF 220µF 16v Electrolytic
    C14 0.22nF either 4.7µF Bipolar or 10µF Electrolytic
    C16 103 22nF
    C17 0.47nF either 4.7µF Bipolar or 10µF Electrolytic
    C10 220µF 100pF
    C42 104 Does not exist on parts list
    C43 472 Does not exist on parts list


    THIS LIST IS NOT COMPLETE. Format gets lost, so look at the attached text file for a formatted version.

    I have only checked a small area of Caps only.....no other components have been checked......

    I feel its pointless me checking further as with such drastic differences there must be another reason for the problems.

    I checked using the BMP schematic that Edouardo posted today. It is seemingly identical to the one posted some days ago, no differences at least up to now and that was one that Ivconic said was incorrect!!!!

    Maybe you sent the wrong schematic Edouardo? Can you check please?

    regards

    Andy
    Attached Files
    Last edited by der_fisherman; 07-25-2011, 08:37 PM. Reason: Format lost.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Ok, let's make it final.
    In attachment i am giving both versions.
    Those are last revisions made by Eduardo.
    I agree with those and i am also thinking that those would be probably best to make. So, Silverdog; take those 2 versions and decide which one of those 2 you will make.
    Or make both.
    So, to void any further confusions; let's take now just those 2 as final versions: first one is suitable for TGS/TGSL coils and second one is suitable for Musketeer coils.
    Your choice.
    About schematic; Der Fisherman i am very sorry cose i didn't corrected and prepared final schematic yet. I will do that just righ now and post a bit later.
    Yes... your observations make sense - but also Eduardo is right; usually i add few more components on pcb to preserve some spare space for eventual further experimenting.
    But Eduardo is right about capacitors. Whenever cap is present to filter voltage - is better to have it than not to have it.
    So.. give me half an hour and i will post also updated schematic too.
    Best Regards!
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • eduardo1979
    replied
    Can you make the mistakes he has seen in practice? There are some 100nF capacitors not shown in the diagram, but the PCB itself. These capacitors Ivconic added them as in the TGSL and that's good. The capacitors had no bearing on anything, what they are doing is behaving as a voltage filter and the detector becomes more stable. I do not see errors. The picture I posted above is the schematic for the circuit corespondiente IGSL with TGSL TX.

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Head up problems with schematic and parts list

    Originally posted by eduardo1979 View Post
    BMP Schematic
    The new schematic and the parts list are radically different to each other, I found 10 discrepancies in the caps alone just by looking at the top and top left hand corner of the schematic.

    Please note:-

    I DID NOT CHECK THE COMPLETE SCHEMATIC....nor did I check any other components than Caps, so 10 errors are probably not the complete picture.

    SOMETHING IS WRONG GUYS!!

    SilverDog cannot proceed at this time till the problems are resolved.

    My guess is that someone has renumbered all the components in the schematic, but neglected to send us a copy.....

    I hope its something simple and quickly fixable....but its a possible disaster.....

    Regards

    Andy

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by der_fisherman View Post
    Did you have an updated schematic?

    regards

    Andy
    The new board is still too big, SilverDog told us that the board must fit into a 100 x 100 mm square for the best prices, the latest board is too large in the X direction.

    Maybe someone who has a full version of the Abacom software should try and reduce it in size by trimming the X direction. There are plenty of resistors that could be stood up still.....

    I would be surprised if the software does not allow a board size to be set.....

    I feel that it really needs to be re-laid out to achieve the requirements of SilverDog and I would do it if I had the software......But I am an Eagle person, sorry.....

    What is your feeling Guys? particularly SilverDog and Edouardo? What would be the price difference for a PCB, is it enough to worry about or not?

    Regards
    Andy

    Leave a comment:


  • eduardo1979
    replied
    IGSL TX-TGSL Schematic

    BMP Schematic
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by eduardo1979 View Post
    Now everything is correct. No errors. Here are the two versions and TGSL .... Minelab.
    Did you have an updated schematic?

    regards

    Andy

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    ISGL Parts list and schematic errors

    Well done Guys, thats what we need at this time, team work.

    I have been checking the parts list against the last posted schematic from Ivconic and the list and the schematic do not agree with each other, but I do remember that I believe Ivconic said that the schematic was not up to date, so this may not be a worry for us.

    So I guess my questions to Ivconic are:- is the parts list correct? Do you have an updated schematic for us?

    Once those questions are answered, several of us need to work though and post any further errors for Ivconic to look at....

    Regards

    Andy

    Leave a comment:


  • eduardo1979
    replied
    IGSL

    Now everything is correct. No errors. Here are the two versions and TGSL .... Minelab.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • cnckecgo
    replied
    im confused, could not understand what schema is working properly ıvonick Waiting for your help, please add the link working bi IGSL please let him

    Leave a comment:


  • Wiltran
    replied
    IGSL COIL

    Anyone know if I could use .59 mm wire in the transmit coil instead of .55 mm?

    Leave a comment:


  • eduardo1979
    replied
    igsl

    GIF...
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • eduardo1979
    replied
    IGSL TX-TGSL

    Hello. In the previous pcb there is an error, thanks to Silver Dog has been noticed. Pin 5 of U1 was wired incorrectly. Now I think everything is ok. First of all, take a look at the TX circuit. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Silverdog, I just looked at a couple of recent IGSL PCBs from Geotech and it looks as though it should be able to fit in with the 10 x 10 cm to keep the price down quite easily.

    If I had had the necessary PCB edit software from Abacom, I could have done it.....

    Regards

    Andy

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Deciding on PCB design for SilverDog

    Originally posted by silverdog View Post
    Ok I have no problem in making IGSL boards but which do I make ?

    There are 5 versions now available and maybe more over the next few days ?

    Best prices come from longer runs of the same board, not small runs of different boards

    (note: I can now get economical runs of small numbers but only if the board is less than 10cm x 10cm)

    Lets get some agreement on which to make, (at least to start with) and I'll promise you all the better price will be passed on to you

    note: due to holidays I will be unable to dispatch orders between Aug 6th-13th

    I am not sure if there is time to reach agreement and produce the boards before my holidays ? If not they will be dispatched week commencing 15th August
    May I suggest Ivconic makes the final decision as we will probably look to him for help in identifying any teething problems, it would be a disaster if that due to a minor change on the PCB, Ivconic was stumped!!!

    Though I would like personally to thank Edouardo most kindly for his excellent work and devotion....

    (I know where he's coming from, I like "tweaking" PCBs, but I usually nowadays only work with Eagle 5.4 as its such a complete package. I have been using it since version 2.0, from about 1983! Still have that version for DOS and Win3.0 and VGA, works blisteringly fast on a modern PC (with a small screen shown in the middle!}, for old PCB designs, but 5.4 for modern ones!)

    Also Silverdog, as the producer, I feel you need to be in on that decision with Ivconic fully as I know how aggressive some customers can be if they do not understand the situation fully and there are left with any sort of problem.....no matter how tiny and stupid, and you will have to deal with that as supplier.

    As you know, I am mostly interested in a kit, being too lazy to identify and order the parts myself (Kit as full as possible with electronic parts, unless it will take months to get organised), I expect that to be sometime after after your holiday (end of August?), is that a reasonable request at this time?

    I would love to have a Kit price, a delivery cost for Germany and an B.account or PayPal account ASAP and I would transfer the necessary funds to you to secure one of the first kits.....

    I am getting quite excited by the thought!!!

    Regards

    Andy

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X