Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IGSL

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bernte_one
    replied
    you haave uploaded and stored the Video as private
    change the Setting to public otherwise it can not be seen

    Leave a comment:


  • Emiliano_070
    replied
    http://youtu.be/m22OkRdL7lM .Hello fellow hobby .TODAY tried a coil IGSL that left me my friend, i worked surprisingly well with good results, tx-rx-5.3mH 0.70mH .it was a coil with 5 pin of a detector (not if I can say its name)

    Leave a comment:


  • Emiliano_070
    replied
    thanks for your tips. a greeting

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    That depends on your coil. You may as well wrap it to aluminium foil, or a ribbon cable. If you use such high-conductivity materials, then you must make sure there are no short circuits against the coil(s). With foil it is achieved with gaps in wrapping. You don't have to leave gaps with graphite, but be warned that graphite is very messy.

    Leave a comment:


  • Emiliano_070
    replied
    thank you for your reply. I have to shield the coil with graphite spay yet? as will be the best way?

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    It can get warm, but not too hot. Good depth

    Leave a comment:


  • Emiliano_070
    replied
    Igsl

    hello needed help of competent lm 7808 is heated? normal? or do I have any fault in the circuit, the detector detects it works € 1 to 36 sm. 1 mH coil tx, rx 15mH.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    Silver Dollar did. I had some suggestions, but with no favourable end result. I'd do phasing a bit different now, if I put myself up to the task, but my thoughts are in a completely different direction now. I believe one must change a few paradigms before any advancement comes upon his endeavours.

    Leave a comment:


  • scrungy_doolittle
    replied
    Originally posted by Davor View Post
    That could do, provided you use a balanced Tx coil and sample phases from a balanced source.
    I'm not fond of uncommon integrated solutions. They yell - I'M UNIQUE!!! Which translates to a hobbyist dictionary as unobtainable, or soon-to-be-unobtainable.
    Such parts are fine if you build a large production and order parts in 100k batches. Otherwise ... not so much.

    There are many other motor driver chips that could do, but the point is - it is much easier obtaining a discrete solution than an integrated one. Even if you revert to the mutually replaceable L293, L293D and SN754410NE that are all pin compatible, and obtainable in just about any store, the pin count and cost speak in favour of discrete solution.
    Not necessarily. If they are common enough to wind up in commercial products such as a toy RC car, they are likely to be around for a while, and not to uncommon. I just picked up some hbridge drivers from Ebay. less than 1.50 with two driver chips. Dirt cheap. Designed for arduino. For me, a transistor solution is inelegant, and costly. 4 transistors and a whole host of other parts... One of the forum guys was working on a hbridge driver for the TSGL, using a tapped coil. Don't remember who exactly.

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    That could do, provided you use a balanced Tx coil and sample phases from a balanced source.
    I'm not fond of uncommon integrated solutions. They yell - I'M UNIQUE!!! Which translates to a hobbyist dictionary as unobtainable, or soon-to-be-unobtainable.
    Such parts are fine if you build a large production and order parts in 100k batches. Otherwise ... not so much.

    There are many other motor driver chips that could do, but the point is - it is much easier obtaining a discrete solution than an integrated one. Even if you revert to the mutually replaceable L293, L293D and SN754410NE that are all pin compatible, and obtainable in just about any store, the pin count and cost speak in favour of discrete solution.

    Leave a comment:


  • scrungy_doolittle
    replied
    Hey, whatever happened to the hbridge driver for the IGSL. I just stumbled across something that might make that really easy.



    Put the coil in place of the motor.....
    (found this in an RC car circuit)

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    Sorry, I'm not going to analyse Cibola right now. I have a completely different rig on my mind.

    Leave a comment:


  • sevar12
    replied
    Hi Davor , i think more easy to modifi cibola scheme in igsl .Can i replace ts272 with tl072 ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    I can explain pin1 with poor coil balance, and pin7 with too much signal at its input. You'll need to reduce it for the phase shifters if you wish to keep that huge Tx voltage.

    Leave a comment:


  • sevar12
    replied
    Hi Davor, this is with green Click image for larger version

Name:	LM833 pin 7.png
Views:	1
Size:	200.4 KB
ID:	342785 pin 7 and pin 1 Click image for larger version

Name:	LM833pin1 (green) to Tx.png
Views:	1
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	342786

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X