Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
IGSL
Collapse
X
-
Now i have found the "Ground-0-Position" with Ferrit. I have to wait for sunny day´s now for a real outdoor testing. We have 20 cm snow here.
-
Ah! You banged your head with uploading pictures
Now I see they are fixed. Thanks.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi folks!
This is my very first post here and at this time I *MUST* thanks you for the fantastic shared work! (to Ivconic expecially).
I have recently finished my IGSL Musk version, and... it works!
But now I want to share some little mods I have made.
The story: at first power up things does not works well, U1b was self oscillated; so I decided to add a small capacitor to shut down this not wanted wawes! Look at the picture:

The same for analogy I made also here:

More later, I realized that NFe channel was better functioning that Fe so after some experiment I have found this improvement: swap pins on U7d but also on U4c:


This gave me a really better result, try it!
Leave a comment:
-
A friend of mine said :If you have such good masters detectors show me where you found the coin of 30 cm depth!
Leave a comment:
-
There is a difference. All testobject´s get a iron-tone. You hear it at 2:25 in the video.
Leave a comment:
-
In the air tests you will not notice much difference, but real soil is a bit different. Initially you should null the GEB by waving a piece of soft ferrite. Most probably you'll have some residual, but much weaker. Mark this position for further reference. When on a real terrain, find a spot without targets at ferrite GEB, and start bobbing your coil - waving it up and down close to the ground, and find a GEB minimum again. And you are ready to go.
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks Davor.
@all
in the Video later i have turn the Ground-Pot full CCW and full CW. At Start this Pot is in middle Position.
Leave a comment:
-
I love this sound
When you have a rig as "nervous" as this one, and it is still not offensive to your ears, you get a very nice feedback from your surroundings. Don't be too surprised when you walk your rig in the woods for the first time - the scratching tone will be gone.
This rig shows perfect proportional tone which is a consequence of the improved compressors in the gain blocks. And also enhanced by slower motion response. Perfect!
My rig will also get 10uF caps soon
Leave a comment:
-
Here is a Video of my IGSL. I have built it with the mod´s of Davor (the Redox-Version). The Power-Section is built like original from ivconic, and the Bi-Pol Cap´s are 10 uF and not 4.7 uF. I use the 4-Pin-Coil for Tesoro 14-18 kHz forTEJON + VAQUERO + CIBOLA + LOBO DETECH ULTIMATE DD 33 cm / 13".
I made this video in a very noisy room (TV, Laptop with W-LAN and a lot of iron in the floor).
Leave a comment:
-
What is x pos and what is y pos from U6 ?Originally posted by Davor View PostYou got me
U this, pin that 
The correct sample points should be U6 pins 1 and 14. My final.
Is it better to use the pin1 and pin 14 from U6 ? at the moment I use U5 Pin1 (Y) and U6 Pin14 (X) for VDI
so what is better ?
Leave a comment:
-
You got me
U this, pin that 
The correct sample points should be U6 pins 1 and 14. My final.
Leave a comment:
-
Yes, the photo shows U6. U7 would be on the right from U5.
Considering the nature of VDI and a position it samples a signal in IDX, yes, i am 100% sure about the suggested connection.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Davor, no he used U7 Pin 14 for X and U5 Pin1 for YOriginally posted by Davor View PostNow, he also used U7 pin 1 for X, which is odd, but it works in unmodded IGSL.
Is it so ? can i use on unmodded IGSL U6 Pin 1 for X Pos ?Originally posted by Davor View PostFeel free to hook your X on pin 1 of U6, do the pin swap, and both VDI and Fe channel will work fine for you.
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: