Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IGSL

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Davor
    replied
    So back to square 1. Check all the jumpers on the board, pluck out all the IC-s except the CD4024, check the voltages, and put back the LM833, and see what is going on at its outputs. There is a possibility that the one of the opamps within LM833 that fixes the phase is saturating, but check it first. When it saturates, the preamp one goes bezerk, and there you have it.
    But check it first.

    Leave a comment:


  • CDI
    replied
    With those my diy coils, i cant reach minimum ac voltage in range of mv, minimum what i can hit is about 1 volt.

    Leave a comment:


  • CDI
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190502_133147.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	884.8 KB
ID:	354000
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190502_133139.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	966.7 KB
ID:	354001Click image for larger version

Name:	20190502_133154.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	944.2 KB
ID:	354002
    Standard Musky pcb without any mods.

    Leave a comment:


  • CDI
    replied
    Originally posted by Davor View Post
    Assuming the coil is designed to fit F75, (680uH Tx, 10mH Rx), it will need 220nF in parallel with Tx to resonate at ~13kHz. Rx side parallel capacitor must also be adapted for this frequency. But capacitors in phasing circuitry must also be tweaked. Once it is all done, I expect your detector to work exceptionally well.
    I'm experimenting with a F75 coil, and I find it the very best configuration/frequency for general use detecting. Before I move on from IGSL, I intend to make a final tribute to classic Tesoro concept by designing a new and improved IGSL. Hyena is also on board. I'm not sure about many of the design details, but one thing I'm sure of - it will have a F75/F80 coil.
    Thx Davor for the answer. I'm using Tejon coil, specs are similiar to TS1000 coil. Only rx coil is a bit different, it's 16 mh comparing to minelab coil where is 14,7 mh. I have aslo my own diy rx and tx coil that fit nice minelab specs, no one of them won't working. So i think it is build error somewhere. I double checked pcb 3 times, but maybe i'm blind.

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    Assuming the coil is designed to fit F75, (680uH Tx, 10mH Rx), it will need 220nF in parallel with Tx to resonate at ~13kHz. Rx side parallel capacitor must also be adapted for this frequency. But capacitors in phasing circuitry must also be tweaked. Once it is all done, I expect your detector to work exceptionally well.
    I'm experimenting with a F75 coil, and I find it the very best configuration/frequency for general use detecting. Before I move on from IGSL, I intend to make a final tribute to classic Tesoro concept by designing a new and improved IGSL. Hyena is also on board. I'm not sure about many of the design details, but one thing I'm sure of - it will have a F75/F80 coil.

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    What is the frequency, and do you have coil specs?

    Leave a comment:


  • Hyena
    replied
    Originally posted by CDI View Post
    Hello guys, i have little problem on my second build IGSL Musky. All voltages are ok, i attached Detech Ultimate 13 coil from Tejon, distance on coins is verry poor, also on iron. I have max 8 - 10 cm from coil surface.
    On a scope, i noticed very high voltage from rx signal on the lf353.
    Does anyone has similiar problem? Thx
    Can you post screenshot of this measurement?

    Leave a comment:


  • CDI
    replied
    Hello guys, i have little problem on my second build IGSL Musky. All voltages are ok, i attached Detech Ultimate 13 coil from Tejon, distance on coins is verry poor, also on iron. I have max 8 - 10 cm from coil surface.
    On a scope, i noticed very high voltage from rx signal on the lf353.
    Does anyone has similiar problem? Thx

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    Hi Hyena,

    i am waiting for video

    Leave a comment:


  • blobber
    replied
    Great job Hyena, well done! Thanks for the files.
    Maybe you can save some more weight while using a dc-dc stepper like the MT3608.

    .

    Leave a comment:


  • Hyena
    replied
    IRSL

    Its alive mainly in 0805 SMD

    Simplified IGSL + pinpointer (from Tesoro Royal sabre) with VCO (from LM393 datasheet)
    common GB for all channels
    common sens and threshold for Disc + Accept

    Added bypass caps for each IC. This lay file is for Tesoro 6mH and 6,5mH coils. I draw it so you can make it on single sided PCB as I did. For Musketeer I will redraw oscilator and post it later.

    Target was to fit in this common plastic box https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws....1230561104.JPG
    It require shielding, so I used graphite spray as you can see in Guts.jpg. Its a little bit wiring hell, but it worth it.

    Completed box weights 210g against >500g I had before with 100x100PCB in aluminium 150x105x55mm box. I swapped 8 AA NiMH batteries with 3pcs 18650 batteries. Now entire detector weights only 1,62kg against original 2,25 kg.

    Controls:

    Central switch: Disc & Accept <-> Pinpoint
    Left switch: Disc <-> Motion all metal mode (high tone), Accept works like usual
    Disc
    Accept
    Sensitivity for Disc & Accept
    Threshold for Disc & Accept
    GB for all channels
    Threshold for Pinpointer
    Right switch: Auto retune <-> Static mode
    Fast retune button
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Arif
    replied
    Hi all. Help me please. I can't open file IGSL TGSL coils.sch with EAGLE 7.4 Error message : Loading C:/Log/Met Det/File ISGL/Final/IGSL tgsl-coils version/IGSL TGSL coils.sch ...

    Error: line 1, column 1: Start tag expected.


    Thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • nikko10
    replied
    I installed a TL071 chip (LF356 stood), everything worked perfectly, metals are cut off-cut out! Many thanks personally Hyena. But I have one question on GEB black and GEB of non-ferrous metals according to the scheme and the assembly drawing are trimmed variable resistors, with a different kind of soil-sand, clay, chernozem-rebuilt GUARANTEED from the ground is not necessary ??? If it was necessary to detune from a particular ground regulators had to be taken out to the control panel ???
    Перевод просто кошмарный и ужасный,друзья,не будете возражать,если буду писать на русском?

    Leave a comment:


  • nikko10
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IGSL.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	352104There is an error in the layout of LM339 ??? The black metal channel does not work, maybe this is the reason ???

    Leave a comment:


  • nikko10
    replied
    Good afternoon! I collected the IGSL device, the range by air for coins: 1kop.-20cm; 2kop.-25cm; five inches of Catherine 2-32 cm, the signal is clear high-pitched, I cut the colored metal with the regulator, the black channel remains twisted, for some reason it is voiced low in tone, like black metal. It's still unclear, this metal detector does not see black metal of small metal ??? I offer ordinary pliers-see see at 5-7, somehow not that ... In the photo the blue sinusoid-Tx, somewhere 16, 17 volts, the yellow sinusoid of 1 foot of the chip U1, somewhere 800 mv.
    Instead of LF347, I supplied LMC6484.Developers of GB black and non-ferrous metals to exhibit before their clipping, to small clicks. Thanks for an answer in advance
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20180825_125425.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	374.7 KB
ID:	352100
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20180825_130827.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	453.3 KB
ID:	352101
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20180825_131227.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	667.5 KB
ID:	352102
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20180825_131001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	495.9 KB
ID:	352103
    Да,забыл написать:Тх-374нан,Rx-15нан
    Перевод с русского на английский-УЖАСНЫЙ,извините ,друзья.Спасибо огромное за помощь моему другу из Чехии -Hyena

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X