Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IGSL

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Davor
    replied
    Yes, something was screaming in me "But it is NOT U7 ". IMHO both X and Y should be extracted from NFE channel.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by Davor View Post
    If you observe it more closely, you'll notice that Ivconic hooked his VDI on U6 pin 14, not U7 which would be extremely odd. It is the first stage GEB gain block output, which is the same in both Fe and NFE, but this particular point is in NFE, and I can say OK.
    Now, he also used U7 pin 1 for X, which is odd, but it works in unmodded IGSL. A proper position would be U6 pin 1. That would also enable a pin swap mod and everyone is much happier.

    Point is that in unmodified IGSL both NFE and Fe channels' Disc gain blocks are in phase, and that is wrong in case of a Fe channel. Therefore I use pin swap.

    Feel free to hook your X on pin 1 of U6, do the pin swap, and both VDI and Fe channel will work fine for you.
    Thanks Davor, that makes more sense to me.

    Jerry

    Leave a comment:


  • Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by Firebox View Post
    Jerry, so you must ask ivconic ;o)

    look at Post 189 on this thread:

    General tech discussions on all types of metal detectors: VLF, 2-box, BFO, off-resonance, PLL, etc. Questions, ideas, and anything else that moves you.


    regads

    firebox
    I checked out post #189 and see the connections. It is pretty hard to question results but am just trying to understand it.

    Maybe Ivconic can shed some light on why U7 pin 14 is better than U5 pin 14 for the X signal.

    Thanks,

    Jerry

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    If you observe it more closely, you'll notice that Ivconic hooked his VDI on U6 pin 14, not U7 which would be extremely odd. It is the first stage GEB gain block output, which is the same in both Fe and NFE, but this particular point is in NFE, and I can say OK.
    Now, he also used U7 pin 1 for X, which is odd, but it works in unmodded IGSL. A proper position would be U6 pin 1. That would also enable a pin swap mod and everyone is much happier.

    Point is that in unmodified IGSL both NFE and Fe channels' Disc gain blocks are in phase, and that is wrong in case of a Fe channel. Therefore I use pin swap.

    Feel free to hook your X on pin 1 of U6, do the pin swap, and both VDI and Fe channel will work fine for you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Firebox
    replied
    Jerry, so you must ask ivconic ;o)

    look at Post 189 on this thread:

    General tech discussions on all types of metal detectors: VLF, 2-box, BFO, off-resonance, PLL, etc. Questions, ideas, and anything else that moves you.


    regads

    firebox

    Leave a comment:


  • Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by Firebox View Post
    No, i meant U5 pin 1
    I should have worded that different. I was questioning U7 pin 14 for the X signal. If that is the correct sample location for the VDI, I don't understand why.

    Jerry

    Leave a comment:


  • Firebox
    replied
    No, i meant U5 pin 1

    Leave a comment:


  • Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by Firebox View Post
    I take Y-Pos from U5 Pin1 and X-Pos from U7 Pin 14.
    Regards
    I think you meant U5 pin 14.

    Jerry

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by nakky View Post
    Hi Haard,
    You make everyting so nice,but your solder side is ugly,clean this first.
    Maybe that is the problem ?

    Grt Nakky
    Good thinking!
    I agree.

    Leave a comment:


  • nakky
    replied
    Hi Haard,
    You make everyting so nice,but your solder side is ugly,clean this first.
    Maybe that is the problem ?

    Grt Nakky

    Leave a comment:


  • Firebox
    replied
    I take Y-Pos from U5 Pin1 and X-Pos from U7 Pin 14. After I have made this, i have tested to exchange the x and y pins, but that brought no success.


    I have ONLY made the pin swap mod, no clear or remove other components on PCB!

    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    That's odd. Where exactly do you take X and Y signals for the VDI?
    I had very hard time translating your message on the German forum about Pin swap and VDI so you made it clear now.
    There are some simple things you can do to significantly improve your VDI performance, but first - where do you take X and Y from?

    Leave a comment:


  • Firebox
    replied
    Originally posted by Davor View Post
    I'd say you didn't apply a pin swap mod. It would greatly improve Fe channel behaviour.
    I have made the pin swap mod bevor, but after i do that, my vdi shows Iron with a positive VDI and NFE with negative VDI Value. Also my sens poti has stopped working.

    So I have the pin swap reversed again, and now my VDI and Sens is working corretly.....

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    I'd say you didn't apply a pin swap mod. It would greatly improve Fe channel behaviour.

    Leave a comment:


  • Firebox
    replied
    Here the pictures from the top and buttom side. By the way, a rusty nail is poorer in depht than a tweezers on IGSL
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X