Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IGSL

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • o.mag
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    I see things are getting more serious here!
    So, in that spirit; i suggest you: Davor and O.Mag to join forces and design common project.
    Davor, you should input your suggestions in format of readable schematic, preferably done in one of the frequent software we are using here (my favorite is ExpressSCH, but it is not problem if you use any other).
    And O.Mag you should than take Davor's suggestions in consideration and possibly include them in your final design.
    I can contribute and help as much as it is in my capabilities.
    Yes, i don't like too much lot of IC's there too. Rising power consumption.
    Also i think too that fullwave demodulator should be used.
    PIC16F877 can do all the tasks needed.
    Join forces and make "mo' better blues" than IGSL is now.
    Cheers!
    I'm willing to consider suggestions Davor, but I do not know the timing used for a full wave detector!
    IGSL on the GEB adjustment it is the same on both channels?
    PS: I prefer an independent oscillator which I synchronize the PIC.
    Torque LC has its own frequency, and also much less harmonic

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    I kind of left my PCB routing skills back in p-cad times, so I'll gladly leave that part to, well, anybody else. In lieu of PSpice I switched to LTspice and became fond of that program. I'll gladly share all that I learned while building my IGSL.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    I see things are getting more serious here!
    So, in that spirit; i suggest you: Davor and O.Mag to join forces and design common project.
    Davor, you should input your suggestions in format of readable schematic, preferably done in one of the frequent software we are using here (my favorite is ExpressSCH, but it is not problem if you use any other).
    And O.Mag you should than take Davor's suggestions in consideration and possibly include them in your final design.
    I can contribute and help as much as it is in my capabilities.
    Yes, i don't like too much lot of IC's there too. Rising power consumption.
    Also i think too that fullwave demodulator should be used.
    PIC16F877 can do all the tasks needed.
    Join forces and make "mo' better blues" than IGSL is now.
    Cheers!

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    In case you are into optimising an existing design AND wish to introduce full wave switching, you can freely discard one of the GEB channels and port a single GEB to two comparators stages. Unless you really wish to have two separate GEBs this mod would enable you to use a single 4053 for full wave switching of 3 phases: GEB, Fe Disc, and Cu Disc. I joined two GEBs in my mods, and it works perfectly. Both GEBs on my board do exactly the same thing, so one is redundant.
    On the plus, you can as well use a LM833 in a cross coupled configuration to supply a perfectly balanced input for the switchers, and simultaneously perfect load for balanced and common mode on the coil.

    Leave a comment:


  • o.mag
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    ok for a prototype with "PIC16F877A PCB CEPARK minimum core of the system board " I ordered.
    I start to think to manage the crossing of two parts.

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by golfnut View Post
    Fundamantally this machine will have relatively poor sens, like all of the vlf IB kits on here Half of the Rx signal is discarded - like a 1/2 wave rectifier.



    All of the commercial designs that get results in the feild have a full wave demod, so you get better signal to noise.

    There was a design called a verator on here that has a good demod.


    Its like saying Im going to design this new car and leaving the rear wheels off - yes it may go, but not as good as one with 4 wheels.

    S
    Design competition --

    1. "full wave" SD with minimum parts / least complexity.

    2. Full wave SD with lowest noise.

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    true, but it is fun anyway. You can get a pretty decent rig from any concept there is, yet some solutions are more elegant in solving some small troubles.

    Maybe it is a perfect moment to join forces and make some new VLF. It will not be from the scratch, but from the best concepts there are. You can't beat the discrimination ability and energy efficiency of a VLF, so it is by no means outdated.

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    Fundamantally this machine will have relatively poor sens, like all of the vlf IB kits on here Half of the Rx signal is discarded - like a 1/2 wave rectifier.



    All of the commercial designs that get results in the feild have a full wave demod, so you get better signal to noise.

    There was a design called a verator on here that has a good demod.


    Its like saying Im going to design this new car and leaving the rear wheels off - yes it may go, but not as good as one with 4 wheels.

    S

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    I think the PIC would be a much better signal source for Tx as well. PIC provides phase granularity, and that's OK, but phase reference is still prone to PWM and phase noise. If Pic provides Tx excitation AND phase references, the phase noise is kaputt.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by o.mag View Post
    same family : PIC16F877 (40 pin) is the big brother of PIC16F873 (28 pin)

    Leave a comment:


  • o.mag
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    More than enough!
    4-10Mhz clock will provide sufficient timings and resolution.
    Whenever we talk about uPc implementation ; i am having PIC16F877 on my mind, don't know why!
    same family : PIC16F877 (40 pin) is the big brother of PIC16F873 (28 pin)

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    More than enough!
    4-10Mhz clock will provide sufficient timings and resolution.
    Whenever we talk about uPc implementation ; i am having PIC16F877 on my mind, don't know why!

    Leave a comment:


  • o.mag
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Simpler - the better.
    I guess any better PIC should do.

    Hi Ivconi
    My analysis for the choice of the peak:
    At frequency 8.66kz period T takes 115us
    The sampling time period lasts half 57us
    For geb there a setting range of 9us to start sampling
    For ferrous there a setting range of 24us to start sampling
    if the PIC has a 20MHz quartz (16F) its internal frequency is 5MHz therefore between 0.2 us instructions
    it gives 45 position for Geb (enough?) and 120 to the other setting
    a 48MHz (18F2550) so it gives 108 position adjustment for Geb and 288 for other settings

    opinions and comments are welcome
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Davor View Post
    FKK=Freikörperkultur ; nudism, naked people roaming around on the beaches

    So it is a coil with nothing on
    I see now!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by o.mag View Post
    hi ivconic
    The choice of the PIC is not final (16F873 for exemple). The different options in the settings and specify their help to choose it.

    olivier
    Simpler - the better.
    I guess any better PIC should do.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X