Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IGSL

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • detecto
    replied
    http://sharesend.com/bi0sc here is sch file

    Leave a comment:


  • detecto
    replied
    Sound update

    Here are some sound update. I think a volume pot is some think that mising in igsl from begining. Also i add battery indicator. Hardest work is from this moment to fix auto chanel, get aut all pots and trims and share here on forum for 2-3 weeks ill share complet project details.
    Best regards.


    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by detecto View Post
    When all done i share pcb, component list, component placement, one word all project.
    Sorry for my bad English.
    Regards
    Many thanks, I am very interested to see what you eventually design....
    regards
    Andy

    Leave a comment:


  • detecto
    replied
    When all done i share pcb, component list, component placement, one word all project.
    Sorry for my bad English.
    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • detecto
    replied
    IGSL FRANKENSTEIN :P

    My idea was to add 3rd chanel on IGSL it should be a auto chanel. All pots shuld be fixed resistance except geb. I called this upgrade "IGSL frankenstein" I add second CD4024 with 3 outputs of course i use 3 switches to choose one output, and one switch to choose between auto chanel and other standard working IGSL chanels. Next is to fix the sound with NE555 (to set up a sound circut like in "cezar serbian most wanted"). Ivconic what is your opinion abouth all that? Ill look little around and try to fix this auto chanel i work on it just one hour For couple days perhaps find out something interesting and get out all this pots and trim resistors to make something realy AUTO.



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

    Leave a comment:


  • detecto
    replied
    I allredy built TGSL coils version but as i say it's not working some components are burned out. Its sunday morning and my electronic workshop don't work, so i will change burned components tomorrow.
    Now i am trying to add 3rd chanel on IGSL. My idea is to add some kind of auto mode of this detector, and to set up a little higer output. I try to add NE555 at the output. Ivconic what are you think abouth that?

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by detecto View Post
    Can someone post last component update list?
    Regards
    Post 1006 made a few days ago only by me is for the IGSL with TGSL coils, contains the latest values for component list and schematic.

    No one up to now who has looked at it has said that they have found an error.....I am pretty sure it as accurate as any, I spent some hours on it. The schematic shows the directions for the pots (CW, CCW & Wiper), also thought to be accurate.

    There are some changes for the Musketeer version that I haven't included.....you neglected to mention which one you want to build.....

    I hope this is what you want!

    Regards
    Andy

    Leave a comment:


  • detecto
    replied
    Component list

    Can someone post last component update list?
    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • MAURICE
    replied
    NULL PHASE

    Hi.
    My sincere apologies.After reading through posts for 2nd time I have found answer, being option B
    That is to use scope on TX and RX and adjust for +/- 20 degree phase shift, as per Don Bowers excellent article. Thanks you Ivonic for your project and all your patience and hard work.
    Best Regards Maurice.

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by golfnut View Post
    Im in the dark with this one..

    I would say do not assemble for a printed value of phase shift. Sure get it close and do targeting with coins etc.


    My IGSL is stronger with Iron unfortunately...

    Im told if your coils are fixed..

    one side from null --- --- -- ferrous is stronger
    other side of null - - -- - - non ferrous is stronger.

    Experiment for best non ferrous range and fix it like tha.

    Steve
    I had an idea for you, but it may not help much, but you have nothing to lose surely?
    As long as you haven't connected the Faraday shield of at least one of the coils directly in the search head to one side of a coil, try swapping that coil's connections at the electronics end. It may bring nothing, but if it saves making a new coil?

    Mine for example, is only connected at the electronics end, it leaves your options more open.....but some disagree on that point!! Each to his own!!

    Let me/us know what the results are please?

    Regards

    Andy

    Leave a comment:


  • petravka
    replied
    TS 1000

    TS1000


    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    Im in the dark with this one..

    I would say do not assemble for a printed value of phase shift. Sure get it close and do targeting with coins etc.


    My IGSL is stronger with Iron unfortunately...

    Im told if your coils are fixed..

    one side from null --- --- -- ferrous is stronger
    other side of null - - -- - - non ferrous is stronger.

    Experiment for best non ferrous range and fix it like tha.

    Steve

    Leave a comment:


  • MAURICE
    replied
    NULL PHASE

    Hi.
    Can anyone help.I have dual beam scope and accurate inductance meter.
    Regarding setting the null phase with TX of say 8.7kHz and RX of 1.4-1.9kHz (assuming I have the correct LC ratios for the coils). Do I :
    A;adjust coils for zero null and will have the correct phase shift.
    B;Check phase shift with probes on TX and RX and adjust for 20 degree+/- phase shift.
    this being final adjustment of coils. RX must lag TX by 20 degree.
    Maurice.

    Leave a comment:


  • kliner
    replied
    Thanks Golfnut, that seems to have helped a lot. With 180 pf on each GB channel I can ground balance to nearly completely eliminate the ferrite, not as good as the TGSL but I think is should be ok. Time to try it outside now.
    Thanks again

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    Sounds like a build error.

    If not,


    try slightly bigger cap on the geb RC phase shifter..


    either pull the 100pF and try 180pF.

    or add a 68pF across existing 100pF.


    I run my Tx osc off the 12v rail for a little more Tx signal, and I ran out of GEB adjustment on the ferrous CH as a result.

    Put a little more C' in and back the R off a bit.

    Steve

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X