Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IGSL

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • selim
    replied
    igslrev2.1mc pcb

    http://www.filesonic.com/file/160187...slrev2.1mc.pdf



    Leave a comment:


  • ispanyol2
    replied
    Hi friends What is the value of r73 reputation.

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by selim View Post
    Nice looking coils!

    Muskateer TX coil -- finally I have a use for my 7 pound spool of 24 AWG (55 mm) wire!

    Like to hear any progress on using such Muskateer coil on the TGSL.

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • selim
    replied
    my coil







    Leave a comment:


  • Amalio
    replied
    Hello Silverdog

    Is this?


    capacitors:


    2,5 mm
    10 nf = 4
    22 nf = 8

    -----------------------
    5 mm
    4.7 nf = 1
    10 nf = 1
    100 nf = 4
    220 nf = 5
    330 nf = 1
    470 nf = 4

    ------------------------------
    uf
    10 uf = 8
    220 nf = 5
    1000 nf = 1

    -----------------------------

    pf
    10 pf = 1
    100 pf =4

    ---------------------------------

    The remaining components in the archive Andy on page 11 post 274

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    IGSL is just logical follow-up of TGS/TGSL. Already mentioned here, few times.
    It is certainly not most suitable diy project for those who just joined recently, here on forum.
    Best advice (for those who are not familiar that much with TGS) would be first to visit TGS thread and read it from the first page.
    I see no sense in constant repeating everything what was already well elaborated in the past at TGS related threads, here on these forums.
    So please; just take this IGSL topic only as an addition to TGS thread.
    Every trivial detail you may wander about - you can find there, on TGS thread. No need (no sense) to repeat each one of those here too...
    Cheers!

    Leave a comment:


  • nakky
    replied
    Hi andy,we need 4uF7 bipolar and we make it from 2x 10uF.

    Grt Nakky
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Hi Ivconic,

    thanks for your time and your answers, you have cleared up for me at least everything except the the following:-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1) Two 10uF connected as "+- -+" in serie are acting the same as one 4.7uF bipolar. So it should be BIPOLAR 4.7uF (AS NOTED ON SCHEMATIC: "BI-Pol").
    Using two ordinary 10uF capacitors in serie - is a sort of "heritage" from the past, from the time i did first TGS... Since than i'm rather using ordinary caps. They are much cheaper and they do the very same job there.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I hear you, but I could myself not understand from any of the information supplied, up till today, that I needed two 10µF capacitors in each position......sorry.....

    I fully understand capacitors in series (or parallel), but I did not know for certain what value was needed.

    I do feel that any parts list needs to have each individual capacitor with its correct value given, otherwise many of us may have bought the wrong components. I was assuming you were looking for a combined value of around 2.5µF.......thanks for clearing that up for us all.

    I will correct the parts list and post them here shortly. Does anyone want them as Excel files by the way?

    regards

    Andy

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by der_fisherman View Post
    I have produced a parts list for both versions, but they need careful checking by another person before they get used. I have added some DigiKey part numbers that I took from the original TGSL Parts list, where applicable......

    I have not paid any attention to the other versions of the IGSL detecktors.....I have no schematic for them, only PCBs.....

    I also have questions:-
    1) 4.7µF Electrolytics are shown on the PCBs as being "doubled", there is no info's as to whether each "double" is half of the value needed. I have taken it as to mean that each one is 2 x 4.7µF capacitors in the parts list.

    2) C42 is marked as SPARE on both the schematic & PCB for the Musketeer version. I believe that it should be installed, and it should be a "104".

    3) There are two types of 22nF capacitor, some are marked as being 223, ceramic. The others are not detailed as being 223, but are probably Polyester or similar, that needs to be exactly determined.

    4) Some resistors were only marked with "R" and not with "Tr" as I would have expected them to be, that was R37 and R57.
    They might even be Potentiometers.
    We also need a setup procedure for all of the Trimmers.

    5) It also needs to be stated as to whether each pot is Log or Linear, I have assumed Linear.......that may be completely wrong.

    6) There is no provision for volume control as far as I can see, is there a need? Usually when on the speaker, more power is needed than when using earphones, what is a good reasonable loudspeaker volume would be far too loud for 'phones.

    If anyone can check these lists, please let me know of any errors, thanks in advance.

    regards

    Andy

    PS. I have posted two versions, one for earlier versions of Excel, the other is for the 2010 versions of Excel.
    PPS. I had problems with the attachments, sorry, it has to be a .pdf.
    1) Two 10uF connected as "+- -+" in serie are acting the same as one 4.7uF bipolar. So it should be BIPOLAR 4.7uF (AS NOTED ON SCHEMATIC: "BI-Pol").
    Using two ordinary 10uF capacitors in serie - is a sort of "heritage" from the past, from the time i did first TGS... Since than i'm rather using ordinary caps. They are much cheaper and they do the very same job there.

    2) C42 is "spare" and i already explained that. Simply FORGET IT AND OMIT IT! Just leave empty holes on pcb.

    3) 22nF and 223 are pretty same thing. I started to input 223 (474...etc..etc) values and at later corrections and updates i used 22nF ..etc...etc... My slackness and negligence, but not a big deal at all.
    Polypropylene capacitors are best choice.


    Smaller values, like 100pF can be disc ceramic.


    4) Yeah, "Tr" stands for "trimmer" and R37&R57 are also trimmers. In the first version those were fixed values. Later when replaced with trimmers; ExpressSCH simply designated those with "R" !?? I was to lazy to manually correct those. It is obvious that those are trimmers and not resistors. Although, those can be put even as potentiometers on front panel. I don't see a reason for that, but maybe somebody would like to have those as "commands" too on front panel..

    5) Linear...

    6) No Volume control at that detector. On earphone connector (i don't put it on my hand made) resistor 22-150ohms can be included. Since IGSL is TGS in roots - just go to TGS thread, to very first page, and see how is done there.. (150 ohms).



    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Parts lists for the TGSL and Musketeer Coils

    I have produced a parts list for both versions, but they need careful checking by another person before they get used. I have added some DigiKey part numbers that I took from the original TGSL Parts list, where applicable......

    I have not paid any attention to the other versions of the IGSL detecktors.....I have no schematic for them, only PCBs.....

    I also have questions:-
    1) 4.7µF Electrolytics are shown on the PCBs as being "doubled", there is no info's as to whether each "double" is half of the value needed. I have taken it as to mean that each one is 2 x 4.7µF capacitors in the parts list.

    2) C42 is marked as SPARE on both the schematic & PCB for the Musketeer version. I believe that it should be installed, and it should be a "104".

    3) There are two types of 22nF capacitor, some are marked as being 223, ceramic. The others are not detailed as being 223, but are probably Polyester or similar, that needs to be exactly determined.

    4) Some resistors were only marked with "R" and not with "Tr" as I would have expected them to be, that was R37 and R57.
    They might even be Potentiometers.
    We also need a setup procedure for all of the Trimmers.

    5) It also needs to be stated as to whether each pot is Log or Linear, I have assumed Linear.......that may be completely wrong.

    6) There is no provision for volume control as far as I can see, is there a need? Usually when on the speaker, more power is needed than when using earphones, what is a good reasonable loudspeaker volume would be far too loud for 'phones.

    If anyone can check these lists, please let me know of any errors, thanks in advance.

    regards

    Andy

    PS. I have posted two versions, one for earlier versions of Excel, the other is for the 2010 versions of Excel.
    PPS. I had problems with the attachments, sorry, it has to be a .pdf.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by der_fisherman; 08-03-2011, 03:18 PM. Reason: missing file attachments!

    Leave a comment:


  • Amalio
    replied
    Hello Silverdog
    I want a game PCBS and mounting kit for the musk-coil version.
    When available I will contact

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by silverdog View Post
    The Boards will be waiting for me when I return, as for the kits, I will need a few more days after my return to order parts and bag them up

    If someone could produce a partlist in my absence that would be a great help, please be as clear as possible, show capacitor types and spacing as there are 2.5mm and 5mm on these boards

    Are there acceptable alternatives i.e. lm833, is NE5532 ok ?


    regards

    Silverdog
    I am not satisfied with NE5532 on that place. In case LM833 is not available, than LF353 will do the job just fine.

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    IGSL Kits

    Originally posted by Amalio View Post
    Hello Silverdog

    going to relist IGSL kit?

    Thanks

    The Boards will be waiting for me when I return, as for the kits, I will need a few more days after my return to order parts and bag them up

    If someone could produce a partlist in my absence that would be a great help, please be as clear as possible, show capacitor types and spacing as there are 2.5mm and 5mm on these boards

    Are there acceptable alternatives i.e. lm833, is NE5532 ok ?


    regards

    Silverdog

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Very nice!

    I agree, iron with low tone feels better.

    It would be useful to do the same demo with:

    1. Iron nail
    2. Lead fishing weight
    3. Zinc coin
    4. Nickel coin
    5. Foil piece
    6. Pop-top from can.
    7. New bottle cap
    8. Rusty bottle cap
    9. Copper coin
    10. Silver coin
    11. A large gold nugget

    Also show how much DISC overlaps in the two DISC channels.

    Regards,

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Selim that's very nice!
    Only one thing: you reversed/switched 4024 outputs, so now you are getting higher pitch on ferromagnetics and lower pitch to "colored" alloys!?
    Maybe you like that way, but isn't it more logical to reverse those and get lower pitch to ferro's and higher to "colored" alloys!? (just reverse those two 4024 outputs)
    Everything else seems just nice!
    You will get even better results when coil is finished and nulled better. By now it looks very promising, because you put coil right in a middle of metal mess on the table, surrounding with probable noise and various interference!
    Good job!
    Regards!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X