Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IGSL

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • der_fisherman
    replied
    SilverDog Kits

    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Just received pcb's form Silverdog...WOW!
    Top quality!
    It is joy to make detector on such pcb!
    Splendid job again Silverdog!

    Feverishly waiting on mine too.....

    regards

    Andy

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Just received pcb's form Silverdog...WOW!
    Top quality!
    It is joy to make detector on such pcb!
    Splendid job again Silverdog!

    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Dennis the Mennis
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    I have tried several times to bend aluminum tubing to make S-Rod for detector. No luck at all. I have tried several methods and just have not been able to do it without kinks or cracks. This would be an excellent subject for a thread if someone has the knowledge. It certainly isn't me.

    Jerry

    Click image for larger version

Name:	buig ijzer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	329370

    Allthough I never tried bending Al how about this ?
    Overhere you can rent them at allmost every D.I.Y. store or hardware store ...
    I certainly works for copper , or (don't know the exact name : the pipe used in houses for heating ; heating pipe ) as long you've got the bending tool for the right diameter .

    Or a combination of heating / spring inside with the bending tool ?
    Like the tool seen in the clip Ivconic sended.

    kind regards

    Dennis the Mennis

    Leave a comment:


  • Wiltran
    replied
    bending alum

    OK Sven and Dukeshooter HMM... interesting propane, acetalene low heat, OK Ill experiment.. next step TIG welding angles. one way or another

    Leave a comment:


  • Dukeshooter
    replied
    Shaft Bending

    In my experience aluminum bends better after annealing it.
    I have not tried a detector shaft, but I have had success bending aluminum.
    I use Oxy-Acetylene with almost no oxygen and get the metal all sooty.
    A propane or butane torch should work though.

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    I could see they might be delicate. I use the dfbowers "glue pot coating" method which drags the wire through a varnish as it is wound. It makes a pretty tough bundle that might survive flatness if you let it dry sufficiently. The hard part is trying to keep it from sticking to the form. Maybe there is a way to lay paper on each side of the form, and just let the paper stick to the coil and provide support (cut away excess later).

    -SB
    I have a few ideas for the next search head, but I want to get my detector going asap for the moment!!

    Leave a comment:


  • SVEN1
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    I have tried several times to bend aluminum tubing to make S-Rod for detector. No luck at all. I have tried several methods and just have not been able to do it without kinks or cracks. This would be an excellent subject for a thread if someone has the knowledge. It certainly isn't me.

    Jerry
    I have bent some smaller dia aluminum tubing in the past by heating the area up with a propane torch. It does work without kinking or cracking

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by der_fisherman View Post
    I have to report that my method of making fairly flat coils did not work. The super glue I used simply did not hold. So I am making "Jumbled" coils (normal ones) for now.
    I could see they might be delicate. I use the dfbowers "glue pot coating" method which drags the wire through a varnish as it is wound. It makes a pretty tough bundle that might survive flatness if you let it dry sufficiently. The hard part is trying to keep it from sticking to the form. Maybe there is a way to lay paper on each side of the form, and just let the paper stick to the coil and provide support (cut away excess later).

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    I have to report that my method of making fairly flat coils did not work. The super glue I used simply did not hold. So I am making "Jumbled" coils (normal ones) for now.

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Gwil View Post
    Generating a regulated -6.2V from the +12V supply looks like a good idea, but I think there are a couple of problems with the schematic as shown -

    (1) C11 needs to be at the input of the regulator to smooth out the current pulses from the charge pump. (Small capacitors may also be needed at the input and output for stability.)

    (2) U2 pin 12 swings between 0V and +8V. This turns Q4 on and off, but with the emitter of Q3 at +12V, Q3 will never turn off. At least that's how it looks to me. An additional level shifting stage would take care of this.

    Any comments?

    Gwil
    I had similar questions too. Maybe U2 should work off +12V as well. I probably would have put C11 at input too; wouldn't have thought of putting it at output only, but maybe works fine. Also agree I would like capacitors at both input and output, but how many parts can we add to this PCB!

    TGSL/IGSL may in fact be quite immune to ripple in phase with TX oscillator, so need to test if makes any difference anyway.


    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by mikebg View Post
    Exactly my point.
    But perhaps Ivconic could use SE (Serbia Export) or IE (Ivconic Export).

    Leave a comment:


  • mikebg
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    A lot of Chinese goods also have a CE mark, but the C and E are too close together. Some claim that it stands for China Export.
    Perhaps you should change it to either SE or IE.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Gwil
    replied
    -6.2volt appropriate arrangement

    Generating a regulated -6.2V from the +12V supply looks like a good idea, but I think there are a couple of problems with the schematic as shown -

    (1) C11 needs to be at the input of the regulator to smooth out the current pulses from the charge pump. (Small capacitors may also be needed at the input and output for stability.)

    (2) U2 pin 12 swings between 0V and +8V. This turns Q4 on and off, but with the emitter of Q3 at +12V, Q3 will never turn off. At least that's how it looks to me. An additional level shifting stage would take care of this.

    Any comments?

    Gwil

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    "..(i like the CE sign at the frontpanel - ready for european market).."



    Almost......
    A lot of Chinese goods also have a CE mark, but the C and E are too close together. Some claim that it stands for China Export.
    Perhaps you should change it to either SE or IE.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    "..(i like the CE sign at the frontpanel - ready for european market).."



    Almost......

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X