Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IGSL

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bernte_one
    replied
    Originally posted by hugo View Post
    @ bernte_one :
    My Minelab Slimline FSB seems to be compatible with the following detectors :
    - E-Trac
    - Safari
    - Explorer SE
    - Explorer SE Pro
    - Explorer II
    - Explorer II XS
    - Explorer S
    - Quattro MP
    So your Explorer coil may works with the IGSL (with Minelab oscillator).
    As I said into my previous post, you'll have to adjust the TX and RX caps to set the good frequency and the good initial phase shift (20°).
    To do this, measure TX and RX inductances and use Qiaozhi coil calculator.
    Good luck,


    Keep us in touch ...

    sorry for my previous "no " but i thought i couldnt work with such low inductance
    the means that i could save a lot of wire by changing caps when making diy coils

    many thanks you are pro

    Leave a comment:


  • hugo
    replied
    @ bernte_one :
    My Minelab Slimline FSB seems to be compatible with the following detectors :
    - E-Trac
    - Safari
    - Explorer SE
    - Explorer SE Pro
    - Explorer II
    - Explorer II XS
    - Explorer S
    - Quattro MP
    So your Explorer coil may works with the IGSL (with Minelab oscillator).
    As I said into my previous post, you'll have to adjust the TX and RX caps to set the good frequency and the good initial phase shift (20°).
    To do this, measure TX and RX inductances and use Qiaozhi coil calculator.
    Good luck,
    Keep us in touch ...

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by golfnut View Post
    Oh, I see.

    A misunderstanding.

    I didnt know what to do with the wires on the diode choices either.

    Silverdog gave me his settings so that the Iron is a low note and non ferrous gives the high note.

    I cant remember what they are without opening my machine.

    You have 2 wires to wire to the cmos chip, but there are three pins on the chip..

    Clearly only two wires - so make only 2 connections. If your detector sort of works, then put your 2 wires to 2 pins and sweep a ferrous target - then sweep a ball of aluminium foil

    You choose whether non foerrous is going to give the high or the low - depending on which choice you make.



    Steve
    ps there is a link to a pic of my finds with my IGSL a page or two back.
    What I was pointing out was somebody saying "do this for the low note and that for the high note" is totally useless unless someone has said, "as a standard we will use this pin for D1 and that pin for D2", so that we all start talking the same language.....
    But that was unacceptable or too simple it would seem.....
    I had asked for a standard to be made/set before.....some weeks ago.
    Have a great day anyway.....

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    did anyone know if i can use the minelab explorer coil too?

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    Oh, I see.

    A misunderstanding.

    I didnt know what to do with the wires on the diode choices either.

    Silverdog gave me his settings so that the Iron is a low note and non ferrous gives the high note.

    I cant remember what they are without opening my machine.

    You have 2 wires to wire to the cmos chip, but there are three pins on the chip..

    Clearly only two wires - so make only 2 connections. If your detector sort of works, then put your 2 wires to 2 pins and sweep a ferrous target - then sweep a ball of aluminium foil

    You choose whether non foerrous is going to give the high or the low - depending on which choice you make.



    Steve
    ps there is a link to a pic of my finds with my IGSL a page or two back.

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    CD4024 outputs decide "Tones" not any trimmers.......

    Originally posted by golfnut View Post
    Andy, for you this one - Im not being inflammatory to anyone. Pot or trimmer and wiring...
    The trimmers are the 'pcb mounted miniature pots' - there is no wiring there, as on the pcb. So when Ivconic says clockwise - it can only be clockwise
    Had a go in a local field found some .22 rimfire cases plus a lead 22 round that had impacted something and you can still see the rifling marks!.
    Steel buckle from a horses strap, another uk 1p - this and that.
    I was on hols recently neer snettisham where there was about 100 gold torc found and did not get a chance to go there....
    Its a good excuse for another holiday
    Steve
    You obviously have not built a IGSL.....or if you have, you haven't understood an important part.....
    To sum up, you have several choices for the tones for each channel, this has NOTHING to do with the trimmers, it hangs on which outputs from the CD4024 you connected the two channels to.......the trimmers do not change the frequency of the fixed tones, only the "when".....
    D1 & D2 can be connected to CD4024 output at pins 9, 6 and 5.......its marked "choice" for that reason.......which is a high tone and which is low for Iron and non iron is a personal choice only.....we have not had any actual direction from the experts......
    If you look at the schematic and read my previous post, it should make more sense.....
    I will attach a diagram of the area in question for you.....I hope this clears up your misunderstanding of my post for you in a proper manner.
    I don't understand well the way the Op Amps work here well either, as timing is the name of the game......people like Ivconic and Simon amongst many others, have a working "picture" of the whole machine in their heads, I am not yet that far along......but slowly getting there (I hope!).
    Regards
    Andy
    Attached Files
    Last edited by der_fisherman; 10-30-2011, 11:14 AM. Reason: Grammar

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    trimmer or pot -

    Andy, for you this one - Im not being inflammatory to anyone. Pot or trimmer and wiring...

    in reply to your recent excellent diagram about the workings of the two trimmers TR1 and 2, do please remember that the tones "High & Low" may not be the same way round as you have made them on your machine, on ours, as there was no indication (that I remember anyway!) from anyone as to what to use where.
    The trimmers are the 'pcb mounted miniature pots' - there is no wiring there, as on the pcb. So when Ivconic says clockwise - it can only be clockwise


    Had a go in a local field found some .22 rimfire cases plus a lead 22 round that had impacted something and you can still see the rifling marks!.
    Steel buckle from a horses strap, another uk 1p - this and that.

    I was on hols recently neer snettisham where there was about 100 gold torc found and did not get a chance to go there....

    Its a good excuse for another holiday

    Steve

    Leave a comment:


  • hugo
    replied
    @Jerry :
    I've done a quick test (Must be carefully adjust to reach initial phase shift).
    I've used the Muskeeter TX version but I've changed the RX cap; 220nF instead of 15nF according to Qiaozhi coil calculator.
    And it works fine !
    The TX frequency is about 11,5 Khz.
    The detection range looks very close to my TS1000 coil.

    @ bernte_one :
    You must take care not to say wrong things ... without any arguments.
    NO
    Moreover in capital letters !

    Leave a comment:


  • kliner
    replied
    Can I use this coil?

    There a lots of questions asking "can I use coil "x" wilth the IGSL musketeer or TGSL", would it be possible for somebody to work out which components to change and what values to use in the front end of these detectors for different values of inductance? like that we would have a larger choice of coils to use and try out.

    Leave a comment:


  • sevar12
    replied
    Hello every one .
    Finaly i bild IGSL (R31,45,50,64=470K and C16,24,29,37=22nF) and : in air more from 30cm 1EU and reject ferit absolutly, but in the ground -
    don''t reject ground and everyting is Feros coil is about 4mV-6mV for musketar hand made wher can i mistake the ground have many rock (not HOT) and was wet .The coil is shilded whith Al foil .
    sory for bad english

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    Originally posted by hugo View Post
    @Ivconic (and others ...),
    Do you think I can use a 10'' FBS Slimline Minelab coil with the IGSL Musketeer version ?
    The coil datas seem to be :
    - TX 0,59 mH / 1,3 ohms
    - RX 0,68 mH / 5,8 ohms
    Thanks
    Hugo

    NO

    Leave a comment:


  • Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post

    What is better solution; higher L and lower C, or lower L and higher C?
    I think that depends mostly on rest of the design, there are no general rules.
    That is what I had in mind for some experimenting.

    Jerry

    Leave a comment:


  • hugo
    replied
    Minelab coil

    @Ivconic (and others ...),
    Do you think I can use a 10'' FBS Slimline Minelab coil with the IGSL Musketeer version ?
    The coil datas seem to be :
    - TX 0,59 mH / 1,3 ohms
    - RX 0,68 mH / 5,8 ohms
    Thanks
    Hugo

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by golfnut View Post
    Hi all, thanks for the help.

    I didnt gat the last email replys b4 I left for my hols. I will however tweak the IGSL a little for refinement. My one needs tidting up a bit, sloppy build.

    1) As I change direction I sometimes get a signal - maybe long pot wires flapping about.
    2) Oscilation when battery is fresh - again maybe due to long flappy wiring in the box.

    Had a go in a ploughed feild, a victorian era garden, and beach.

    Heres a pic, some of the currency was spent - th shiny ones in the pic are replacements to give the correct denominations and quantities.




    Beach - loads of aluminum foil, hair grips, bottle tops, nails, - need a good scoop with holes in..

    Steve
    A good crop!

    I am trying to think how to make artwork from such finds -- embed in plaster, or mobile, or such. Maybe in acrylic paperweights. They always seem to tell a story.

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    Thanks to all

    Hi all, thanks for the help.

    I didnt gat the last email replys b4 I left for my hols. I will however tweak the IGSL a little for refinement. My one needs tidting up a bit, sloppy build.

    1) As I change direction I sometimes get a signal - maybe long pot wires flapping about.
    2) Oscilation when battery is fresh - again maybe due to long flappy wiring in the box.

    Had a go in a ploughed feild, a victorian era garden, and beach.

    Heres a pic, some of the currency was spent - th shiny ones in the pic are replacements to give the correct denominations and quantities.




    1) brass thermos screw cap
    2) silver kids bangle (not silver!)
    3) 1/2" musket ball - old
    4) 10mm shot for geese?
    5) 3 short sections of early power line - one has a zinc shelid others lead
    6) brass valve - looks like bullet
    7) 3 brass buttons - the large one is old - farmers smock
    Lead soldier base - feet visible
    9) horse shoe, working horse, old
    10) current uk coins 8off .... £1.32
    11) thin lead strip - ?
    12)long galvanised nail with brass head washer

    Beach - loads of aluminum foil, hair grips, bottle tops, nails, - need a good scoop with holes in..

    Steve

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X