Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IGSL

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • amtech2005
    replied
    Ivconic , I am just so glad to hear you are doing good and checked back with us !!!

    It is very hard for me to log-on to your Hobi-Detektori site . I miss that forum too !!!

    Your fantastic work is now on many forums around the world !!

    Best Regards Always................Eugene

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by turtlebowl View Post
    Sorry I didn't notice you answered the GB preset question already. And it was even my question then too.......too funny. I had just missed it amongst the text of the phase range discussion somehow.
    oooppps.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    I have been looking at this and the more I study it, the more I like it. What I think I am seeing is a possible low (437 hz) tone, high (1.75 khz) tone and a mix of both at the same time depending on where the Ferrous/nonferrous rejection levels are set. If both controls had 0 to 100 graduated scales and Ferrous was set to 75 and Nonferrous at 40 for example then any target below 40 would get low tone, above 75 a high tone and between 40 and 75 both tones. I may be off track completely but if it would work this way it would be awesome!

    Jerry
    Yes, that was the idea.

    Leave a comment:


  • turtlebowl
    replied
    Sorry I didn't notice you answered the GB preset question already. And it was even my question then too.......too funny. I had just missed it amongst the text of the phase range discussion somehow.
    oooppps.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jerry
    replied
    I have been looking at this and the more I study it, the more I like it. What I think I am seeing is a possible low (437 hz) tone, high (1.75 khz) tone and a mix of both at the same time depending on where the Ferrous/nonferrous rejection levels are set. If both controls had 0 to 100 graduated scales and Ferrous was set to 75 and Nonferrous at 40 for example then any target below 40 would get low tone, above 75 a high tone and between 40 and 75 both tones. I may be off track completely but if it would work this way it would be awesome!

    Jerry

    Leave a comment:


  • turtlebowl
    replied
    Also some more info on pre-set of GB? Becuase these are trimmers it is implyed that they are to be set for average conditions and then left alone. . Becuase the two channels have different functions are the GB trimmers to be set identical? or biased slightly +- to augment the respective channels intention? What was your idea on these two trimmers when you designed the machine?
    I am still slowly thinking through the operation of your design while awaiting a time when I can build it and play.
    Thank you friend.
    TB

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by WM6 View Post
    Can you say a few step how to prepare IGSL before searching.
    That depends on momentary conditions on given soil and momentary intentions of operator. But let's presume that coins will be most desired target. In that case Disc1 (Ferrous rejection level) is set above "3", Disc2 (Nonferrous rejection level) is set to "0" (complete rejection)....(now reading this i see logical mismatch here! Disc2 better to be called "Nonferrous accepting level"). Disc Sens to maximum, Fe Sens to 70%.... and those would be adjustments i would start with.

    Leave a comment:


  • WM6
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    I don't like "rainbow colors"! I am STR8 customer!
    Japan or bust!

    Can you say a few step how to prepare IGSL before searching.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by WM6 View Post
    Hi ivconic,

    maybe it is time for new flag in your avatar - one with coil:
    I don't like "rainbow colors"! I am STR8 customer!
    Japan or bust!

    Leave a comment:


  • WM6
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Hi ivconic,

    maybe it is time for new flag in your avatar - one with coil:
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Alexismex
    replied
    Thank you Ivconic that you are back with us , it is a great place Geotech and person like you are very valuable for your knowledge and friendship.
    best regards from Mexico
    Alexis.

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Hi Ivconic.
    I just saw that you are back and with respect i can said welcomeback and i hope you stay for long time here, cause you are one of the guys that like many people here, give life to this wonderfoul forum. So i wich you the very best to you and your family.
    About TGSL, is a smart disign, so i will keep following this post.
    Best regards
    Nelson


    [quote=ivconic;129345]Despite my decision not to post in public here anymore; i see that still there are nice people here on forum. I am happy because of that. I also see some respect and support for me, from those people here. In that name i would like to express my gratitude and now i am making a rare exception and cross my word by showing here again and posting this.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by habitbraker View Post
    Hello again!

    Looks like there are two unmarked diodes on PCB connecting q5/q6 and q7/q8 collectors to Q9 base. Not shown on shematic.
    IMHO it would work with and without(short) them. Are those any improtant?

    Now I am short of parts so it will take a while to resume job. Will post anything new!
    Short them for now...

    Leave a comment:


  • habitbraker
    replied
    Hello again!

    Looks like there are two unmarked diodes on PCB connecting q5/q6 and q7/q8 collectors to Q9 base. Not shown on shematic.
    IMHO it would work with and without(short) them. Are those any improtant?

    Now I am short of parts so it will take a while to resume job. Will post anything new!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X