Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
IGSL
Collapse
X
-
Not that I know. If you are up to drawing the SMD PCB, please include the pin swap mod in it.
-
IGSL SMD
Please, does anyone made SMD version or I have to draw my own?
Leave a comment:
-
Frankly, I did not try it with fresh water, but it goes crazy near sea surface. I'd not expect it to chatter too much with fresh water.
There is a way to turn IGSL into a true beach hunting machine, but so far I'm otherwise engaged and don't hold your breath over such mods. Whole point is that in IGSL you have 2 GB/All metal channels, of which you need only one. Mind you, I'm using only one. If one channel is set to work as "All metal" discrimination reference, and the other one is used for GB with wide tuning range (and additional absolute value circuit) - you get an all terrain rig with audio VDI.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi gallico58! i intend to hunt bathing areas in freshwater lakes, so yes, detector will be partial or fully submerged! I'm not afraid of watertightness of the detector and coil, only of strange behaviour in contact with water.Originally posted by gallico58 View PostHi IonutI think it may very well work in fresh water, like other metal detector, I do not know if you intend to or submerged just beneath the surface area.
if the coil is watertight as many md there are no problems on the surface in the first 20-40 cm of water.
I often used my old fisher 1225x beside lake dipping the coil during the search without problems.
the behavior of IGSL in water do not know, I'm still fighting, I do not work properly, I searched the forum, I can not understand why.
I'm sorry for the bad English !!
Hello!!
Leave a comment:
-
Hi IonutI think it may very well work in fresh water, like other metal detector, I do not know if you intend to or submerged just beneath the surface area.
if the coil is watertight as many md there are no problems on the surface in the first 20-40 cm of water.
I often used my old fisher 1225x beside lake dipping the coil during the search without problems.
the behavior of IGSL in water do not know, I'm still fighting, I do not work properly, I searched the forum, I can not understand why.
I'm sorry for the bad English !!
Hello!!
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks HF
I'm sorry I copied and pasted the message in Italian
I had already read the TGSL document.
IGSL is double TGSL but with some difference, but I can not find definitive scheme Official IGSL functioning, thanks anyway I will get to work
regards
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by gallico58 View Postciao HF
Mi dispiace per il mio pessimo inglese da Google Translate.
Purtroppo non ho trovato documentazione ufficiale di costruzione, silverdog nessun kit ma solo pcb (molto bello).
Geotech nel forum ho trovato due modelli leggermente diversi, ho cercato di capire cosa era più simile alla serigrafia pcb silverdog, ho visto anche un regime modificato, ma tutto quello che ho trovato è in questo IGSL battistrada.
Non ho trovato una versione definitiva o di qualche errore di progettazione.
Saluti
English Please. Even Bad English is good. Thank You.
Translated:
I'm sorry for my bad English by Google Translate.
Unfortunately I did not find official documentation of construction, silverdog no kit but only pcb (very nice).
Geotech in the forum I found two slightly different models, I tried to understand what was most similar to screen printing pcb silverdog, I also saw a modified scheme, but all I've found is in this IGSL tread.
I have not found a final version or some design error.
Greetings
Here is the Build document. http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...mplete-Details
HF
Leave a comment:
-
ciao HF
Mi dispiace per il mio pessimo inglese da Google Translate.
Purtroppo non ho trovato documentazione ufficiale di costruzione, silverdog nessun kit ma solo pcb (molto bello).
Geotech nel forum ho trovato due modelli leggermente diversi, ho cercato di capire cosa era più simile alla serigrafia pcb silverdog, ho visto anche un regime modificato, ma tutto quello che ho trovato è in questo IGSL battistrada.
Non ho trovato una versione definitiva o di qualche errore di progettazione.
Saluti
Leave a comment:
-
I've not built that one yet but plan to build a 25 or 30 Khz version. I'm watching. Sure someone will pipe in with some clues.
Anything in the Build document about this ?
HF
Leave a comment:
-
thanks Homefirethen the nulling is ok, I have to understand why do not work the adjustment potentiometers.
IGSL works and gives me the two tones, ferrous low - high non-ferrous, but I can not adjust anything!
regards
Leave a comment:
-
Logically I would assume the Tx would come first sense it happens first.
Leave a comment:
-
Hello
I built IGSL pcb Silverdog.
coil tx 6mH (47nF) and rx 6.5mh (33nf)
the tx frequency is 8.7khz
I nulling the coil as per attached picture, wonder if tx must be 20gradi early or late with respect to tx?
this is because while getting the right output sounds ferrous and non-ferrous, do not work the separation adjustment controls.
there is some error in the diagram or pcb that escapes me?
I checked the installation and it looks ok.
tx yellow and green rx oscilloscope
regards
Leave a comment:
-
if anyone need a coil:Originally posted by ivconic View PostI can't tell for sure, because i never had chance to test it with one of those coils.
But i think that smaller diameter coil shall give better results, em flux is "condensed" and more "focused" through the smaller diameter, especially at "low power" detector as IGSL is.
I know TS1000 is obsolete and hard to obtain; pity, it was most versatile coil that i have seen so far. I have used it on several different detectors with great success. It is also pretty tolerant.
Smaller "sister" of TS1000 is TS800, maybe it will also give good results on such targets.
And third one i used is Tesoro Delta 9x8 concentric coil, usually coming with Tesoro Tejon and Vaquero, this one: [ATTACH]34624[/ATTACH]
Leave a comment:
-
Leave a comment: