Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UXO Target Detection and Discrimination with Electromagnetic Differential Illumination

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UXO Target Detection and Discrimination with Electromagnetic Differential Illumination

Here is an interesting paper that Teleno and I discussed in a previous thread, but this time with practical experiments.

Attached below are:
    1. The UXO report in PDF format.
    2. My analysis of the UXO report in PDF format.
    3. Arduino sketch that attempts to implement the technique of differential illumination (.ino).
    4. Arduino sketch using the well-known subtractive GB method (.ino)
    5. Spreadsheet to analyze parameters for differential illumination (.xls)
    Attached Files

Food for thought indeed. Thanks George

Comment

In fact the scheme we discussed does have holes for some targets that don't reach saturation within the time limit of the shorter pulse.

It is so because any two points can be represented by either a decaying exponential or a hyperbola of the type 1/t.

At least three values (3 pulses) would be needed to eliminate holes but then it becomes unfeasable.

Comment

Originally posted by Teleno View Post
        In fact the scheme we discussed does have holes for some targets that don't reach saturation within the time limit of the shorter pulse.

It is so because any two points can be represented by either a decaying exponential or a hyperbola of the type 1/t.

At least three values (3 pulses) would be needed to eliminate holes but then it becomes unfeasable.
        I agree.
        The subtractive method introduces a hole for targets with a similar decay constant, whereas the differential illumination method introduces a hole for targets with a similar saturation level.
        An interesting experiment, but no cigar I'm afraid.
        It could be classed along with Edison's 10,000 ways that didn't work ... if he had investigated ground balance methods that is.

Comment

Working...
        X