No announcement yet.

Inside the Metal Detector, 3rd Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

​Definitely not before December, still shooting for end-of-year but it may slide into 2024. Here is where I am at:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	594
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	416901
    Some of this (esp Ch 7 & 23) require me to take a lot of measurements that are time-consuming and require a special circuit that is not yet 100% working. Finishing 16 & 17 is my short-term goal. Most of the 90-95% chapters just need minor clean-up or some photos. Nothing is yet 100% because I have not indexed anything, and won't until the writing is complete. Total is likely just under 600 pages.

Comment

Comment

We humbly await thy wisdom and edification, printed and bound, with descreptive pictures and explanations that click

Comment

Still working. I got less done over Christmas than expected because I ended up splitting Ch 16 and rewriting a good chunk of Ch 18. I'm mostly down to Ch 7 & 24, both of which require taking a bunch of data which in turn requires winding a bunch of coils, which is what I am doing now. Also, several chapter circuits still need to be built & tested, and I'm working on PCBs for those. It seems the last 5% takes the longest.

Views:	455
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	419288

Comment

Originally posted by Carl-NC View Post
            Still working. I got less done over Christmas than expected because I ended up splitting Ch 16 and rewriting a good chunk of Ch 18. I'm mostly down to Ch 7 & 24, both of which require taking a bunch of data which in turn requires winding a bunch of coils, which is what I am doing now. Also, several chapter circuits still need to be built & tested, and I'm working on PCBs for those. It seems the last 5% takes the longest.

Views:	455
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	419288
            Looks great, and fun to read.
            My favorite part is Part 1, mostly because I like raw ingredients for my thoughts, not ready-made meals.
            I made target response charts for about 30 real-world samples(found in the real ground), measured as precisely as I could, If you think that would be helpful I can send you the Excel file.

Comment

Please do, at the very least it can serve as a check on what I've written.

Comment

Why is the "multi-frequency" section for VLF not being considered?

Comment

Multifrequency is in "Part 6: Advanced Topics".

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Still working.​
                      Could you please tell me what program you are creating the book in?
                      Is this some kind of special editor for books?

Comment

Please do, at the very least it can serve as a check on what I've written.
                        did you receive the files I sent you?

Comment

I got a visitor message from you, but there was only a single photograph.

Comment

I got a visitor message from you, but there was only a single photograph.
                            I didn't know there was a separate section for a visitor message.

Okay sent you again by Private Message, let me know if you did/did not receive them.

Comment

How much is the approximate price of this book? I hope to read this book as soon as possible.

Comment

When will the book be available...?_ I have one more thought... and that is that the book could be updated and supplemented with new things, say, within a certain period of time/say 1 year/..and other updates could still be available... for a certain fee...

Comment

Working...
                                X