Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inside the Metal Detector, 3rd Edition

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • EL NINO
    replied
    When will the book be available...?_ I have one more thought... and that is that the book could be updated and supplemented with new things, say, within a certain period of time/say 1 year/..and other updates could still be available... for a certain fee...

    Leave a comment:


  • mdcn
    replied
    How much is the approximate price of this book? I hope to read this book as soon as possible.

    ​

    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr.Jaick
    replied
    Originally posted by Carl-NC View Post
    I got a visitor message from you, but there was only a single photograph.
    I didn't know there was a separate section for a visitor message.

    Okay sent you again by Private Message, let me know if you did/did not receive them.

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    I got a visitor message from you, but there was only a single photograph.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr.Jaick
    replied
    Originally posted by Carl-NC View Post
    Please do, at the very least it can serve as a check on what I've written.
    did you receive the files I sent you?

    Leave a comment:


  • Eddy71
    replied
    Originally posted by Carl-NC View Post
    Still working.​
    Could you please tell me what program you are creating the book in?
    Is this some kind of special editor for books?

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Looking good

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    Multifrequency is in "Part 6: Advanced Topics".

    Leave a comment:


  • JoyJo
    replied
    Why is the "multi-frequency" section for VLF not being considered?

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    Please do, at the very least it can serve as a check on what I've written.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr.Jaick
    replied
    Originally posted by Carl-NC View Post
    Still working. I got less done over Christmas than expected because I ended up splitting Ch 16 and rewriting a good chunk of Ch 18. I'm mostly down to Ch 7 & 24, both of which require taking a bunch of data which in turn requires winding a bunch of coils, which is what I am doing now. Also, several chapter circuits still need to be built & tested, and I'm working on PCBs for those. It seems the last 5% takes the longest.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	861
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	419288​
    Looks great, and fun to read.
    My favorite part is Part 1, mostly because I like raw ingredients for my thoughts, not ready-made meals.
    I made target response charts for about 30 real-world samples(found in the real ground), measured as precisely as I could, If you think that would be helpful I can send you the Excel file.

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    Still working. I got less done over Christmas than expected because I ended up splitting Ch 16 and rewriting a good chunk of Ch 18. I'm mostly down to Ch 7 & 24, both of which require taking a bunch of data which in turn requires winding a bunch of coils, which is what I am doing now. Also, several chapter circuits still need to be built & tested, and I'm working on PCBs for those. It seems the last 5% takes the longest.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	861
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	419288​

    Leave a comment:


  • rolling rock
    replied
    We humbly await thy wisdom and edification, printed and bound, with descreptive pictures and explanations that click

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    ​Definitely not before December, still shooting for end-of-year but it may slide into 2024. Here is where I am at:
    ​Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1000
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	416901​
    Some of this (esp Ch 7 & 23) require me to take a lot of measurements that are time-consuming and require a special circuit that is not yet 100% working. Finishing 16 & 17 is my short-term goal. Most of the 90-95% chapters just need minor clean-up or some photos. Nothing is yet 100% because I have not indexed anything, and won't until the writing is complete. Total is likely just under 600 pages.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X