UPDATE: Humminbird Sonar Recording Playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE: Humminbird Sonar Recording Playback

I just wanted to update this topic. Several of us have been working on a Player for the Humminbird Sonar files and I am happy to say, I have found a solution!

I wrote a piece of software that will convert the SON files over to YellowFin .872 format for playback on their free viewer. We are also working on finishing a dedicated Humminbird Viewer since there are some limitations and drawbacks to the 872 format. But there are also some plusses!

Here are a few screen shots from some of the recordings that were recorded with my Humminbird 987cSI with the transducer hull mounted.

I will post more info on the program next week. I hope to have a release by Monday.

Robert
    Attached Files

Humminbird Sonar File Converter - Download!

Well, Here it is! The following link is to the HBSI Sonar Data File Converter Windows Installer download. The program will convert the Humminbird Sonar Files to different Sonar File Formats that can be played back on the PC with the corresponding viewer.

HBSI Sonar Data File Converter

This release is 1.01 and includes the YellowFin .872 Converter and the Deep Vision Technologies .dvs Converter. You can download the Viewers at the following links.

YellowFin109c_Installation.zip

Deep Vision Technologies - Deep View FV

The YellowFin Viewer is by far a more capable Freeware player and offers the option to save the .872 File over to XTF Format. Deep Vision offers more capable Viewers on their site, but they are not Free. They do offer the DeepView SE that will do playback and mosaic.

There is a help file with the program and links to the downloads above as well. If you have any problems with the install or any questions, please use this post as a support forum. We would like to hear feedback on the Unit you use, the software version, and the file sizes you have successfully converted. So far, we know it works on the 987 with ver. 3.740, the 997 with ver. 3.63, and has successfully converted up to a 428Mb file. It should work fine on the other units as well, but would like to confirm this.

Thanks,

Robert Gecy
    Attached Files

Comment

humminbird viewer

Thanks for all your work.... I'll let you know how it does with my 987csi. You have me wanting to get the boat out of winter storage.

Comment

Winter Storage? What's that?

Never heard of it!

Comment

This converter is great and converted 797si files with no problem. I can see a lot more on the computer screen than on the 797 display and look forward to really learning the lake bottom using this tool. Thanks for creating this program.

Jim Sorrow

Comment

son file replay

Program works fine with my 981, thanks a million for the work done on this. Alec. Devon UK.

Comment

Thanks Alec!

Hopefully see some other releases of software soon that will give us more flexibility.

Robert

Comment

humminbird

Hello robert,
                We are using now the imagenix sportscan but
                I am thinking to buy the humminbird 997 or 1197.
                They told me i can't connect a pc on the 997 becose there is no connection on the unit.
                How can i do it ?
                sorry for my poor english but iám living in the netherlands.
                grt andre

Comment

Right now, you cannot connect the 997 to a PC for real time operation, that I know of! The software I have made is designed to take the Humminbird Sonar recordings and convert them to different formats for playback on the PC.

Maybe some day they will give us a way to do it, but for now, this is all we have.

Comment

humminbird

Thanks forthe reply ,maybe yuo can do sumting with the new humminbird 1197 , this unit have a video out connection.
                    best regards
                    andre

Comment

Well the 1197 has video out but this will not do any good right now.

What we need is a raw feed of the recording data. This could be sent out to the laptop and recorded and displayed in real time.

Comment

UPDATE! New Version Released!

I have released a new version of the HBSI Sonar Data File Converter. Please uninstall any previous versions first using the Control Panel - Add Remove Programs.

HBSI Sonar Data File Converter Download

This update will fix the error for those using the 1197 and 997 with software version 4.100 and 4.110.

Please let me know if you have any problems with the latest fix.

http://www.xumba.scholleco.com/viewtopic.php?t=181

Thanks,
                        Robert Gecy

Comment

Son2xtf conversion ?

Hi,

Humminbird has a conversion software named 'son2xtf'. I found it when I logged in to my Humminbird account checking the latest updates for the 981 SI model. They say it can convert Humminbird .SON files to .XTF format (Extended Triton Format). The XTF format is said to be a standard format used in many sonar applications. It seems as for example a Yellowfin viewer can read that format. I guess there are other both free and not free viewers to test. Is this son2xtf converter (plus a viewer of course) the ultimate solution to the problem of viewing Humminbird sidescan recordings on a PC or have I missed something...?

Regards
                          Rickard

Comment

The Son2xtf is a great tool but the viewers available are limited. The YellowFin viewer cannot read the Humminbird XTF.

Robert

Comment

Incredible!

Hi, this looks amazing, i think i need to buy one of those humminbirds. The cheepest on is the 797, right? Is it diffrent tranducers for 797, 987, 997, 1197? If it is, does this make a big difference in image quality? Is there anyone who have tried to convert from the 797 and willing to post some images so i can have a look?

Thanks for all your work, I must try this!

Best regards!
                              Anton, Sweden

Comment

Working...
                              X