Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulse Delay Pot and LED Placement

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • geoscash1
    replied
    Thanks 6666, man I searched all over for that earlier, I knew I'd seen those drawings somewhere in here and knew they had to be some where... Thanks man, that is a big help...

    Good gosh it sucks losing eye sight, I'm only 50 for cripe sake...... use to have 20/10 in both eyes...

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    GC1
    have a look at these drawings one shows the timing cct you should be able to read the values just click the thumbnail to give full size picture

    Leave a comment:


  • geoscash1
    replied
    Hi Qiaozhi,

    Yep, I did.. the only problem I have is even with my glasses on I cant see the parts
    or numbers on the hand drawn schematic. If I try to zoom in on it, it just gets blurrier for me...

    Its no big deal, got it figured out now, just really wanted to see why the external delay
    pot I added wasn't working or doing anything.

    I was just doing a meter measurement and with the probes on the pot pins that
    are wired to the board, I get 0 reading no matter where the dial is turned. Probed the
    terminal that is not used on the pot and the #1 terminal and I get a 0 to 8.97k reading (10k pot)
    turning the dial.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Did none of you think to look at the top of the Baracuda Project thread?
    Full construction details

    Leave a comment:


  • geoscash1
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    You did cut the track and wind the on board trimmer to zero ?

    Thanks 6666, Yes sir, I did cut the space between the 2 holes for the added delay when I built it.. But I had read it wasn't needed
    with the new boards somewhere on here. As far as setting the trimmer to zero, I set it to detect at the best spot
    (which if I remember correctly it is at approx. 17k) and was told the added delay will act as a fine tune for whatever range it is set too.

    So basically, you are saying set the onboard trimmer to zero and use the outboard control for the delay. I guess that
    would just eliminate the need for the onboard trimmer all together sort of like what bernte mentioned above.

    I'm thinkin there is a real need to gather the info that is correct, the mods that work etc and put them together
    in a pdf and save it. There are so many different people saying to do this or do that yet, like yesterday,
    I came in to get the schematic and was told "xxxxxx is the best one" so I used it. Well, 5 minutes into the process
    I notice the schematic didn't even match the pcb image that came with it. The connection of the trimmer delay and
    pins on the 40106 as an example, were incorrect between the 2 docs...


    Anyway, Thanks for the heads up and I'll give your advice a whirl just to see what it does. Right now the detector is
    working fairly well with a slap together spider/basket coil so I may just leave it just the way it is.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    For whatever reason it doesn't seem to make any difference with the added pot, no changes
    that I can detect anyhow at least for my particular board/build.
    You did cut the track and wind the on board trimmer to zero ?

    Leave a comment:


  • geoscash1
    replied
    Originally posted by sinclairuser View Post
    yes lots of us had the same experience which is why it was discarded, bernte's solution up the thread works, replacing the preset with a 22k external pot, but you have to manually set up the detector every time you use it.
    Ah, ok... Hadn't seen where it hadn't worked so I'll maybe switch it to the way bernte did it.. It works good the way it is
    just wanted to see what the difference was with the added delay pot.

    I'm getting decent detection with a makeshift spider/basket coil I wound for it so may just leave well enough alone...lol..

    Thanks for the help with it...

    Leave a comment:


  • sinclairuser
    replied
    Originally posted by geoscash1 View Post
    Oh Thank You Sinclaireuser... That is what I was wondering, I do actually have it wired correct,
    but just wanted to make sure the 3rd post wasn't being used with the 2nd jumped over....

    For whatever reason it doesn't seem to make any difference with the added pot, no changes
    that I can detect anyhow at least for my particular board/build.

    I appreciate you taking the time to answer...
    yes lots of us had the same experience which is why it was discarded, bernte's solution up the thread works, replacing the preset with a 22k external pot, but you have to manually set up the detector every time you use it.

    Leave a comment:


  • geoscash1
    replied
    Oh Thank You Sinclaireuser... That is what I was wondering, I do actually have it wired correct,
    but just wanted to make sure the 3rd post wasn't being used with the 2nd jumped over....

    For whatever reason it doesn't seem to make any difference with the added pot, no changes
    that I can detect anyhow at least for my particular board/build.

    I appreciate you taking the time to answer...

    Leave a comment:


  • sinclairuser
    replied
    dont use terminal 3, lower point to 1, upper point to 2 and 3 not connected.


    Click image for larger version

Name:	pot wiring.gif
Views:	1
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	342778

    Leave a comment:


  • geoscash1
    replied
    Ok, here is a quick mock up of what "I think" is the correct way to
    connect the external pot.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	pot wiring.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	342777


    Please correct me if I am wrong... Thanks guys..

    Leave a comment:


  • geoscash1
    replied
    Ok, so now I know that schematic is garbage..... Thanks KT315

    How bout the pot wiring, how to wire the pot correctly with the trimmer,
    I guess maybe I'm not explaining or asking the right question...

    let me get back to you with a drawing..

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    delete this schema. it was drawed by Alexismex, one from much his revisions. I did not remember that he drawed last rev and without mistakes.
    he left this job at half of a way. use this original schematic.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Barracuda_sch.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	320.1 KB
ID:	342776

    Leave a comment:


  • geoscash1
    replied
    So if that is the case the trimmer connected to pin 9 of the 40106 on the schematic is wrong/incorrect?
    (attached the schematic)

    [schematic deleted]

    I purchased my board kit thru silverdog, in general it works fairly well, I would just like to have some
    external adjustment for different coils so have tried numerous different ways of hooking up the ext pot
    but to no avail.

    Any ideas on what I am doing wrong or ?
    Last edited by geoscash1; 03-18-2015, 12:19 AM. Reason: bad schematic

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    on the board is the right connection according to bara original schema.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X