Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barracuda Legend Kit Problems

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Koala
    replied
    Originally posted by Impulse View Post
    Hey guys i joined a few days ago with the hope that i could sort my issue without raising the typical beginner post by reading others issues and checking out my board but i have not been successful yet. I bought a Barracuda Legend Kit and have put the components on the board as per the numbers i have made sure the 2222 (metal can type) is in the correct orientation i have taken it off the board to check that it isnt in short with one of the other pins (its not). I have set 5534 pin no 6 to 0v. i have a whine/tone when i plug the batt in (12v) and the tone gets louder if i turn the pot up which is what i would expect but when i put the coil on the Mosfet goes mental and over heats in 3 seconds i have cleaned and cleaned again to get rid of any rosin flux shorts. I am stumped as this is where my skill runs out, is there any good folk that would be willing to help me?
    Exactly the problem I had with a problem 2222 (I had order the right part but an equivalent had been sent. I did not check and fitted 180 degrees out)

    If you are using a TIP127 if you detector starts to work at lower volts I would suspect the 2222 or surrounding components.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    dso138 DIY kit... i am not in course of a video in english... did see this nice manual... but in russian.

    Leave a comment:


  • FatBob
    replied
    Well the hot FET indicates it is on for too long. You need to check these components;

    Click image for larger version

Name:	FixBaracuda.gif
Views:	1
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	344969

    Remove the coil to save the FET if you turn it on. An oscope would make things a little easier.
    I just bought one of these for around $20, it is one channel only but might help.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Impulse
    replied
    Hi no i dont have a scope only a multi meter.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    hope dies last..... do you have an o-scope?

    Leave a comment:


  • Impulse
    started a topic Barracuda Legend Kit Problems

    Barracuda Legend Kit Problems

    Hey guys i joined a few days ago with the hope that i could sort my issue without raising the typical beginner post by reading others issues and checking out my board but i have not been successful yet. I bought a Barracuda Legend Kit and have put the components on the board as per the numbers i have made sure the 2222 (metal can type) is in the correct orientation i have taken it off the board to check that it isnt in short with one of the other pins (its not). I have set 5534 pin no 6 to 0v. i have a whine/tone when i plug the batt in (12v) and the tone gets louder if i turn the pot up which is what i would expect but when i put the coil on the Mosfet goes mental and over heats in 3 seconds i have cleaned and cleaned again to get rid of any rosin flux shorts. I am stumped as this is where my skill runs out, is there any good folk that would be willing to help me?
Working...
X