Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baracuda broken

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BKY1337
    replied
    Now i have a Problem with my Barracuda.
    My battery became empty today 8x1,5V. So i know that it was almost empty when i had the 30-32cm yesterday.
    So i decided to put new batteries in and the barracuda doesnt make a sound when i have the full 8x1,5V Batteries connected.
    I saw that my IRF became extremely hot and the coil is humming. It wasnt before.

    Its not damaged because i can connect a 9V Block Battery to it and it runs with about 20cm depht.

    My parts are all safe up to 16V (15V LT1054), I changed the big capacitor to a 2200uF 16V. I have no clue whats the problem.

    The batttery pack has 12,4V.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by BKY1337 View Post
    I made the changes and i have more Sensititvity and more Depht. Changed from 25cm to 32cm for a Euro. I can detect a small Gold Ring now. I couldnt before.
    Well done. This shows that the mods are easy to do on KT315's board, and that they improve the performance.

    Leave a comment:


  • BKY1337
    replied
    Originally posted by kt315 View Post
    so hard to take the values from George's schematic?
    No, but i saw that you are online and i decided to ask you. Sorry for that.

    I made the changes and i have more Sensititvity and more Depht. Changed from 25cm to 32cm for a Euro. I can detect a small Gold Ring now. I couldnt before.

    The Detector is still not tuned properly. I still ned to adjust the Damping Resistor.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT2237.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	994.5 KB
ID:	350819
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT2232.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	963.8 KB
ID:	350820
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT2234.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	903.7 KB
ID:	350821

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    so hard to take the values from George's schematic?

    Leave a comment:


  • BKY1337
    replied
    Originally posted by kt315 View Post
    BKY

    you got from me Gerber files WITHOUT PAYMENT. FOR ABSOLUTELY FREE. NO ONE CENT YOU PAID ON MY FUTURE PROJECTS.

    you are so tactless and ruthlessly rude men asking to consult you in on-line mode.
    i will give you income statement list, you WILL SEE MY MONEY i get on my job. i must photoshoped some places.
    I dont know what you mean with this post.
    Are you mad because i asked for the resistor values?

    Leave a comment:


  • BKY1337
    replied
    Thanks Andi.

    I tried my 380uH coil with my russian pirat and got the same result as with my barracuda legend. About 25cm with a Euro.
    Unfortunately i can not detect a very thin goldring anymore. I could with my 15cm coil and i had almost the same depht with a euro.

    I will change the resistors.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    Originally posted by BKY1337 View Post
    kt315: My computer with your files is not working. I use my Laptop now. Can you please tell me the values of the resistors which i need to change (Georges Mod).

    I tried a new coil today and i only had 20-25 cm with a euro. 25cm Coil. I wanna try this mod. I have the picture with the trace and the bridge but not the resistor values.
    BKY

    you got from me Gerber files WITHOUT PAYMENT. FOR ABSOLUTELY FREE. NO ONE CENT YOU PAID ON MY FUTURE PROJECTS.

    you are so tactless and ruthlessly rude men asking to consult you in on-line mode.
    i will give you income statement list, you WILL SEE MY MONEY i get on my job. i must photoshoped some places.

    Leave a comment:


  • Andi68
    replied
    For me, it has become a bit confusing because of the many contributions to the Baracuda.
    And my english is bad ....
    I will build the circuit but the next few months and see the result.

    BKY
    For George's/Qiaozhi mod change:
    R18 12k
    R19 15k

    Leave a comment:


  • BKY1337
    replied
    kt315: My computer with your files is not working. I use my Laptop now. Can you please tell me the values of the resistors which i need to change (Georges Mod).

    I tried a new coil today and i only had 20-25 cm with a euro. 25cm Coil. I wanna try this mod. I have the picture with the trace and the bridge but not the resistor values.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    Originally posted by Andi68 View Post
    Is the design of kt315 wrong?
    my design is not be wrong because it is SURE ACCURATE ONE-IN-ONE copy of original board.

    Leave a comment:


  • Basti1983
    replied
    No i dont know which one was broken a replaced all four . Because i just paid 3€.

    Leave a comment:


  • BKY1337
    replied
    Do you know which IC was damaged? Its better to use the LT1054 instead of a 7660.

    Look at the first five Points in the PDF "Building the Geotech Barracuda). You can read there whats different in the Geotech Barracuda.

    One Point is a LT 1054 (15V max Input) instead of a 7660 (10V input). Yours has 12V Input.

    Some Resistors are different and also connected different. Called Georges Mod (you can get more depth if you do it).

    A smaller electrolytic capacitor is used for the 6800uF. (You can go down to a 2200uF if you need more space in your enclosure)

    Also a few other changes were made in the geotech barracuda. You should read the first five points at the beginning of the PDF.

    A shielding is not necessary. If you want to shield your coil then do not isolate it. You need to make a faraday shield. You need to leave 1-2cm open, (do not wrap it all around the coil).
    You also need to wrap a tape around the wires first to isolate the shield from the coil windings.

    You can use mylar tape,aluminium foil or graphite spray to make a shield. But its not necessary for a PI Detector.

    Im glad to hear that you got i working.

    Leave a comment:


  • Basti1983
    replied
    Ok today i got the new IC's and the Baracuda work. I changed the 7660 CPAZ to a 7660 ACPAZ. Now i try to get better results by tuning the pots. One question I have is about the coil is it better to isolate the coil with aluminiumfoil or not.
    And what is different in the newest Baracuda Version?

    Leave a comment:


  • Andi68
    replied
    Oke

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    i stay mouse cursor on the resistor. then pattern name is lighten =)

    V - vertical type
    0.25 - watt

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X