Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baracuda broken

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Andi68
    replied
    Did you test this circuit, kt315?

    Leave a comment:


  • Andi68
    replied
    I wanted to change components, I almost did not get them out, so I got very angry .....
    He did not work.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    too little space for what? i can do SMD board if you need more space LOL

    Leave a comment:


  • Andi68
    replied
    I built the same version as 1337 and threw it in the trash today.

    The design I find very bad, on the board you can not work, too little space.

    Leave a comment:


  • BKY1337
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    You can already use a 2N3904 transistor if you wish, as it has the same pinout as the 2N2222. The only issue occurs when someone uses a P2N2222A by mistake.
    Also, the Silverdog kits are supplied with transistors that are compatible with the silkscreen.
    It was not the silkscreen what was the problem for me, it was the transistor tester. I use a 2N3904.
    Andy (Silverdog) said yesterday that hes going to order new Baracuda PCBs soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • BKY1337
    replied
    Originally posted by Koala View Post
    35cm is about right for most coin size targets and a 8" coil.
    Make sure you test with copper, gold, silver, lead and so on. Best depth on a ladies gold ring will half the depth on a small Roman copper coin. Delay is a compromise. Set it with targets you hope to find.
    It's about 30cm. 35cm only with the sens pot too much to the right (background noise). Its maybe better outside. I use a 25cm Coil.

    I used an Transistor Tester with two LEDs and a button. I can see a very weak light at second pin when its wrong. I haven't noticed this before.
    Now i know how i should use it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    THE TIME FOR CHANGE IS HERE, IN THE NEXT BATCH OF SILVERDOG PCB'S PLEASE GET RID OF THE 2222 TRANSISTOR AND CHANGE PCB FOR SOMETHING ELSE, THIS WILL STOP THE CONFUSION ABOUT THIS 2222 TRANSISTOR.
    You can already use a 2N3904 transistor if you wish, as it has the same pinout as the 2N2222. The only issue occurs when someone uses a P2N2222A by mistake.
    Also, the Silverdog kits are supplied with transistors that are compatible with the silkscreen.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    open my album and look high resolution board pics under sunlight.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    THE TIME FOR CHANGE IS HERE, IN THE NEXT BATCH OF SILVERDOG PCB'S PLEASE GET RID OF THE 2222 TRANSISTOR AND CHANGE PCB FOR SOMETHING ELSE, THIS WILL STOP THE CONFUSION ABOUT THIS 2222 TRANSISTOR.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    guys

    use chinese tester. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-DIY-KI...MAAOSwHtFZu3z2

    ATTENTION. pins' SMD placement on the board ARE WRONG, on right side from the socket.
    you have to know it. i mean the chinese tester.

    Leave a comment:


  • Koala
    replied
    Originally posted by BKY1337 View Post
    It was the problem. I tested it before i soldered it in and my transistor tester showed ok. But i can see that it shows the same when i turn it 180 degree.
    Unfortunately the depht didnt increase. I used a 2N3904 instead of a 2N2222. I have 30cm. With background noise i can get about 35cm. I need to play a bit with the trimmers and pots.

    Thanks a lot!
    35cm is about right for most coin size targets and a 8" coil.
    Make sure you test with copper, gold, silver, lead and so on. Best depth on a ladies gold ring will half the depth on a small Roman copper coin. Delay is a compromise. Set it with targets you hope to find.

    Leave a comment:


  • Koala
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    So the 2222 was in backwards , thats a pity, the 2222 comes in many pin configurations , a long time ago I made the suggestion for George and Silverdog to change the 2222 to another transistor that only has one pin silkscreen footprint so nobody would make this mistake again.
    I have had two problems with the 2N2222A the first was I checked the pin out on the internet and at least one site has it wrong. The second was the Barracuda I ordered 2N2222A but received PN2N2222A from an eBay supplier never checked just fitted then wasted hours trying to get it working.

    Funnily enough once the battery volts lowered it ran very well.

    Ah well. Live and lean.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    if i do something i always check. i have mine done a haracteriograf, like a console for o-scope.
    i see clearly where collector base and emitter, also a type npn or pnp, on o-scope screen. NO MISTAKES.
    so if i wrote PN2222 its i did KEEP IT in my hands.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    So the 2222 was in backwards , thats a pity, the 2222 comes in many pin configurations , a long time ago I made the suggestion for George and Silverdog to change the 2222 to another transistor that only has one pin silkscreen footprint so nobody would make this mistake again.

    Leave a comment:


  • BKY1337
    replied
    It was the problem. I tested it before i soldered it in and my transistor tester showed ok. But i can see that it shows the same when i turn it 180 degree.
    Unfortunately the depht didnt increase. I used a 2N3904 instead of a 2N2222. I have 30cm. With background noise i can get about 35cm. I need to play a bit with the trimmers and pots.

    Thanks a lot!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X