Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BARACUDA-Legend-1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Guzzi
    replied
    Used 2 CD 40106 and both stoped working after a while. HEF 40106 stil works. Accidental? The datsheet gives no decisive answer.

    regards

    Leendert

    Leave a comment:


  • Astromic
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    #616 is SMD
    Thanks', I will use the normal board then..

    Mike

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    #616 is SMD

    Leave a comment:


  • Astromic
    replied
    Ok, a bit confused here
    I'm really interested in this great project, but which layout should I use to etch the pcb, the one provided by ApBerg at post #49, or the one at post #616 (hispalba's)? or another?
    It seems that I didn't understand the differences!

    Mike

    Leave a comment:


  • Guzzi
    replied
    Originally posted by Davor View Post
    You can use a free sprint layout viewer that also allows you printing http://www.abacom-online.de/uk/html/sprint-layout.html
    Thanks, it was exactly what i needed.

    Next question: what is the latest schematic of the Baracuda?

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    No. I use only a viewer for the time being. My PCB layout skills are still back in '99 when I last did it.

    Leave a comment:


  • chemelec
    replied
    Originally posted by Davor View Post
    You can use a free sprint layout viewer that also allows you printing http://www.abacom-online.de/uk/html/sprint-layout.html

    Davor, Have you tried the Sprint Layout Program.
    I just ordered it today.

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    You can use a free sprint layout viewer that also allows you printing http://www.abacom-online.de/uk/html/sprint-layout.html

    Leave a comment:


  • Guzzi
    replied
    Thank you for the answer, I know the pcb from Silverdog is exelent but i like to build a smd version. The smd version in BARA.ZIP is in Sprint layout that i do not own.

    regards
    Leendert

    Leave a comment:


  • wizz737
    replied
    Hi Guzzi,

    I agree with Qiaozhi, I have build Silverdogs Barracuda kit you can't beat the price! The kit comes with everything you need (except the coil) to make this high quality simple detector. My barracuda works like a charm and I use it all the time. Trust me,You will not be disappointed.

    Best regards,

    Wizz737

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Guzzi View Post
    Hello All

    I like to build The Barauda smd. I do not have Sprint layout, does somebody have a layout in a free pcb program?

    regards

    Leendert
    A simpler solution would be to buy a Barracuda PCB from here ->
    Find information, resources and relevant links for silverdog.co.uk. This domain may be for sale.

    Leave a comment:


  • Guzzi
    replied
    Hello All

    I like to build The Barauda smd. I do not have Sprint layout, does somebody have a layout in a free pcb program?

    regards

    Leendert

    Leave a comment:


  • WM6
    replied
    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post

    i dont want more inductivity so should i place a resistor 1ohm or 2ohm at least 1W in serie to coil
    or can i do it another way

    regards
    You can try with aluminium wire.

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    hello
    some days before i build next baracuda
    i tried a coil with around 100microH und under 1,5R
    wire is massive core 0,8mm with isolation 1,4mm outer dia
    after a while irf 9640 gets hot
    but performance is very good with that coil (fast target response)

    how can i solve the problem with irf 9640
    i dont want more inductivity so should i place a resistor 1ohm or 2ohm at least 1W in serie to coil
    or can i do it another way
    regards

    Leave a comment:


  • maikl
    replied
    Originally posted by Davor View Post
    Could be FET Q5 in motion/non-motion circuitry. It may have Vgso quite high so it leaks. Just replace it with BF245A or B.
    BF245C is great for Q5 = motion/non-motion circuitry.
    Best regards.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X