Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beachmaster Files

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Nice to see you back Graham! Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • Olly
    replied
    I haven't made a test video I'm afraid, but 'Surfdetector' has made a very nice series of videos on his YouTube channel about constructing and testing it.

    Leave a comment:


  • hamedtaran
    replied
    Thanks to the designer for this nice design. Has anyone made this metal detector yet? Is there a test video?

    Leave a comment:


  • Olly
    replied
    Originally posted by amindevil View Post
    thanks a lot Olly for sharing this project. i still have problem with finding some of the smd parts but nothing serious. and i like it how you respectfully answer questions
    Hope you enjoy building it. What parts are you having problems finding?

    Leave a comment:


  • amindevil
    replied
    thanks a lot Olly for sharing this project. i still have problem with finding some of the smd parts but nothing serious. and i like it how you respectfully answer questions

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    yes really nice to look, hope i can start assembling at weeking

    Leave a comment:


  • Olly
    replied
    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    Got a little surprise today.
    Don't they look pretty in Purple ?

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    Got a little surprise today.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    I ordered some PCBs from JLCPCB on the 9th March (see post #36), and have literally just received a DHL delivery on the 16th March.
    That's only 7 days from sending the Gerber files and receiving the final product delivered to my door in the UK.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    if you order at jlcpcb be smart and take the smd paste stencil option, will save a lot of work
    Good advice. Thank you

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    if you order at jlcpcb be smart and take the smd paste stencil option, will save a lot of work

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    I can definitely recommend them. The quality is excellent, and the turnaround is fast.
    Weird thing... I am registered at both; JLPCB and PCBWay.
    And I randomly order pcbs at both.
    Most of the time I don't really pay attention which is which.
    Both serves me the same good so far.
    Prices for 2-layer boards are pretty much the same.
    All the gerbers I do prepare in Sprint Layout 6.
    No problems so far.
    ...
    Ok I am intrigued enough to try Kicad...
    DANG!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	minimum.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	362597
    ...
    I am back to Win7 for several months.
    I used Win10 for quite some time.
    But some old software isn't working well under Win10.
    So I was annoyed with that and returned to Win7.
    Now seems I will have to return back to Win10 to be able to try Kicad.
    Older version will work under Win7, but I want to see new one.
    Damn!
    Crazy enough; I am having Win10 in Vbox, working just nice.
    But installing such huge (1Gb) package in virtual machine will eat completely the virtual space i designated for virtual drive.
    Probably also slow down the system.
    I might return back to Win10 one of these days, will see.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Olly View Post
    Nice looking boards, what are the other larger boards with the rounded cutouts?
    When assembling the Beachmaster boards, remember to use the Fab files for component location as the silkscreen ID locations get a bit cramped in places.
    Post #24 above has the latest doc pack which includes all files including the 'Fab' files and updated 'Build' document.
    Good luck with the build and let me know how you get on.
    Regards
    SMW, an old project. I made numerous of those in through hole fashion so far.
    Now I just want to try SMD.
    ...
    Thanks!
    I ordered flux the other day, waiting to arrive. Same with some components.
    I suppose it will go slower, now with SMD, than usually, because I am novice in this now.
    But certainly I will report my impresion and results when all is done.

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    has someone one pcb over for germany? need a short break in my 3d printer hobby/buisness

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by Olly View Post
    I've never tried JLCPCB although the cost of their 4-layer PCB's looks tempting.
    Has your experience with them been good, would you recommend ?
    Excellent quality and fast turn round . Generally two weeks from order to delivery. Cost is usually around 20 GBP for five boards, whilst UK manufacturers want around 200 GBP for the same thing

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X